Worst Experience with Stripe Payment Gate. How many people using Stripe?

Tourist
4 0 3

It's true that Stripe Email support is a lot better than any other payment gateway !

2 Likes
1 0 3

YOU CANT AFFORD TO USE STRIPE!

The old add-age is true. "You get what you pay for". I am not here to promote one PG over another however I am just sharing experiences I have had over the past year. A friend of mine recommended Stripe so I decided to lay of PayPal for a while since I was having issues at the time with custom integration. After a handful of transactions I ran into a basic (and very common) transfer issue where there can be hickups when you change bank account or business info. Resulting transfer hold ups can occur and should to protect the everyone in case there is fraud.

So what the problem? A customer of mine purchased around $280 is merchandise. I receive an email stating that there is a hold up and they needed to verify information. I send the information and that's where the fun starts.

This customer sale would have led me to over $10,000 dollars in sales for the month had we resolved this issue in a TIMELY manor. I don;t care who my PG is as long as they work with me to generate revenue NOT LOOSE IT. Strike one for stripe.com.

Lack of REAL customer support is my real concern. If you are using email as a primary form of support, make it world class. I know that if I took a week or more to address my customers requests (even initially) then I would not be in business for long and they would flock to the competitors. It should not take a week or more to correspond, especially if email is the ONLY means of correspondence with your PG. Strike two for stripe.

Business 101 - do not ignore your customers! If you hate your customers that much close your business and let your competitor feast on our desire to happily pay them for true service. We will like you for it. People do business with people they like. Strike three for stripe (only because there is no person to like, literally).

So where am I now? Stripe still hasn't addressed my emails (after, email, after email) and I still have yet to receive the original payment from my customer. I RAN, not walked to my local bank and opened a merchant account. I make them prove to me that someone would pick up on the other end if I had an issue. My business rep picked up the phone, dialed a customer service number and handed me the phone. Hallelujah!

This is just my 2 cents. Don't risk potential sales (and future sales) on a second or third rate PG. Especially when a simple issue that can be resolved in 15 minutes CAN BE resolved in 15 minutes. Don;t make the same mistake I did. Your bottom line will thank you.

I swear if I get a cookie cutter response from Stripe on this message forum! Save it! Go take care of your customers (email) issues and if - and I do mean IF - they decide to stick around and use your service, give them something to say "sorry". Create value for us not perceived arrogance.

~ John Tirips

PS: I still use paypal for some things but it's worth a try to call your local banker and test out their services. Most times you can try it FREE for a certain amount of time and you can pick up the phone and talk (or yell) at someone 24/7/365. Either way It could be the difference between just $200 dollars in sales and $10,000 dollars in sales for the month.

3 Likes
1 0 0

I signed up with both Shopify and as part of that, Stripe and we're having problems that we didn't experience in ten years of dealing with Authorize.net. 

1. We're having problems getting our sales proceeds deposited into our bank account and when we ask Shopify about it we get vague ambiguous answers.

2. Yesterday about 8% of our customers reported that when trying to order the dreaded processing circle went round and around -- in one case for 15 minutes.

3. Shopify/Stripe wait a week to pay -- versus the industry standard of next day or two day. Someone is financing their business off these funds in limbo.

Rod MacIver, Artist, new Shopify customer

0 Likes
8 0 0

No problem with Stripe here, the best payment processor I have ever dealt with.

0 Likes
2 0 2

On December 30, 2013 I cancelled 4 orders that were labeled as "uncaptured" in my Shopify store. Per Shopify: "The orders were never captured through Shopify, upon cancelling the order, the customer is never given the option as to whether or not to refund the customer (since our system shows that you haven't gotten any payment and doesn't know otherwise) and we then send stripe an API call to void the transaction. When voiding, Stripe is then not given any instruction to specifically not refund the customer and the default refunds the customer upon voiding the transaction." Stripe refunded $2,605.81 even though they were immediately notified there was error. Both companies just said "sorry". I would recommend immediately finding another merchant provider and close the account that Stripe was linked to. Also beware that even if Shopify makes an error they will not take any corrective action. The replies by Stripe were the most insincere I have ever received. You have to really question a company that does not have a phone number.

2 Likes
8 0 0

We always think that the problem comes from someone else...

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
65 0 8

Stripe's email support is horrendous. I can never trust my money with people whom I can't talk to on the phone.

And then they give you this BS about "email" being better when it's all about saving money on support. One would think they'd at least spend some money on email support but they don't do that either. My guess is that they just ask random people in the office to reply to emails in their free time.

4 Likes
1 0 3

DO NOT USE STRIPE!!!!!!

CUSTOMER SERVICE IS APPALLING AND VERY DISGUSTING. I HAVE SENT OVER 20 EMAILS IS THE LAST WEEK AND NOT A SINGLE RESPONSE. ONLY USED THEM AS THEY WERE RECOMMENDED BY SHOPIFY. DO NOT GO NEAR THEM. THE SERVICE IS CRAP AND TO MAKE IT WORSE THE PAYMENT TAKES 7-10 DAYS TO REACH YOU AND THEY ARE NEVER CONSISTENT.

USING STRIPE HAS BEEN THE WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!

3 Likes
1 0 3

I have been in business since 1969 as a shoe store and recently started using Stripe with the POS system and with my internet sales.  The day after memorial day they say they are holding my payments for 90 because my business is on a "Credit Card Blacklist" after 3 months of use.  I have contacted previous merchant service providers, checked credit reports and there is no such thing attached to my business.  I have contacted multiple people from shopify and stripe to no help at all.  No one has an answer from Shopify and NO ONE FROM STRIPE returns emails.  Stripe is a fraudulent company who I am looking to take action against with my lawyer.  After over 40 years of business we have never had such a bad experience.  DO NOT USE STRIPE!!!!!

3 Likes
Shopify Partner
65 0 8

Stripe is an extremely scummy company. Worst thing is, they never respond to criticism. They only give you canned responses and even they take like 2 days.

I mean, they don't even have a frickin phone number. That's enough to tell you what goes on behind the scenes. 

2 Likes