Worst Experience with Stripe Payment Gate. How many people using Stripe?

1 0 0

Avoid Stripe.com at all costs , I just found this :

Stripe.com Reviews Website

0 Likes
2 0 0

My payouts were stop on 6/12 because of chargebacks but I have 6 chargebacks out of over 100 orders. Then I was emailed to upload tracking numbers shipped . I upload over 70 tracking numbers and I am awaiting payouts to order more merchandise for the reminder. I have sent several emails and contacted the Guru severals times to no resolution. Can someone please assistat me on who to contact of what to do. I recently had to put the store on Pause because of this. 

0 Likes
1 0 0

Stripe shouldnt be used for transactions over $20 because they dont use Securecode or 3D secure.

The credit card fraudsters know that Stripe dont use the Visa and Mastercard extra verifcation so will target any site using Stripe as a payment method.

Stripe are full of crap on how good their system is but its garbage and no different to any other payment aggregator accept the others have phone numbers.

0 Likes
Explorer
175 0 10

Has shopify payments gotten any better about this lately guys? I went back over to it this weekend becuase I wanted to use the Shopify POS ststem, which worked well and then I realized I could start using Pintrest integrations too now which is nice but not a huge deal for me.

The main question is how is the system on fruad these days? I have Subuno for screening but I recall having big issues with Stripe in the past before I used Subuno and the thought of it happening again is not a pleasant one.

Anyone here running a big store (at least over 500k a year) and happy with Shopify Payments?

0 Likes
Excursionist
22 0 4

Hi there! So sorry you've had some trouble with Stripe.

I work at Sift Science, an awesome fraud prevention product that uses machine learning to analyze patterns in big data. What does that mean? No need to update rules! Sift figures out what rules are important for your business in real time. We work well with other fraud solutions too, so if you're not able to make the switch right now, no worries!

We just updated our Shopify plugin and it's pretty awesome. Try it out! Your first 30 days on Sift are here. Find it in the app store! https://apps.shopify.com/sift-science

0 Likes
2 0 0

I have also had serious issues with Stripe. I had an item sell for over $6200.00 off of my webstore, charge went through fine, and so I shipped the item off. Over a month later, Stripe charged back the money, saying that it was a fraudulent charge. I am a very small business, so needless to say, I can't afford that. I am out a one of a kind item, and Stripe has done nothing but treat me like it is my fault, in fact they have treated me like I am party to the crime committed against me and my business. They have been entirely unhelpful and almost non responsive, saying that it is entirely in the hands of the cardholder's bank, yet they won't give me the contact information of said bank. I sent detailed documentation of all stages of the sale to stripe as requested by them, and have heard nothing in response except cookie cutter email after cookie cutter email explaining why they dont offer phone support, followed by derogatory attempts to get the $6000.00+ back from me. (Minus their processing fee, of course...) I dont know what to do. As I said, my business is tiny, and something like this could easily sink me. Anyone have any advice? I am at the end of my rope.

I honestly dont understand how a company could be so rude to it's clients as policy. I feel like I am being scammed, and there is no one I can talk to about it. Anyone have any thoughts about this? 

0 Likes
2 0 0

I am interested to see how this proceeds, as I have had similar problems... Let me know.

Jason

0 Likes
Explorer
175 0 10

well i'm leaving it active for now, crossing my fingers. last time i tried that i lost a few thousand to fruad, but genneraly you don;t know for a few weeks till the chargebacks start coming in. i hope Subuno covers my ass heheh

0 Likes
2 0 0

We just started using Stripe Gateway for our Peshtemal store and hoping it works well. I wanted to go ahead and use Paypal but monthly payment would kill me. So let's see , fingers crossed.

0 Likes
2 0 0

We just started using Stripe for our peshtemal store and hope it will go well. We will see, fingers crossed!

0 Likes