Worst Experience with Stripe Payment Gate. How many people using Stripe?

Tourist
7 0 1

Do not use Stripe or Paypal really...merchant services account linked to your bank account is the best way to safeguard your transactions.

1 Like
Explorer
175 0 10

I prefer stripe or paypal due to clarity of fees and less buercratic old school non-sense the way most mech accounts handle things. The fees are gennerally better as well when you get done being nickled and dimed. But yes the processing can sometimes be trickier and the protection for fruad.

0 Likes
1 0 0

Stripe is pretty dirty. They let fraudulent transactions through, you ship the item, and get the chargebacks. And Stripe takes the entire amount back plus their fees and the 2.9% on the disputed amount! So you end up losing even more than you ever received. Insane. Stay away. Awful.

0 Likes
1 0 0

i have been using payolee they offer a stripe merchant account

http://www.payolee.com/stripe-merchant-account

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
28 0 5

The upside is that by using Stripe directly as opposed to Shopify Payments, you can actually store credit cards and bill someone later.  If Shopify would actually add the ability to store credit cards, most of these situations would all go away.

0 Likes
12 0 0

Hello Chris. This exactly what I'm looking for! I would like to accept pre-orders and not charge customers upfront, only when the item ships out. Is there anyway I can setup my store to use stripe to save a token (API) and charge later. Basically the AUTH & Charge happens later. I know if you AUTH only, you have 7 days to charge or the transaction gets cancelled or expires. 

Is there a way to use stripe independently on shopify to auth & charge beyond 7 days? Thanks

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 1

As a customer who had to deal with an inappropriately placed fraud alert on my card: don't use Shopify in any way shape or form. I will not shop with you if I even think you have a relationship with Shopify. 

1 Like
2 0 2

Did you mention that it is days between - email respones?

1 Like
2 0 2

You will probably get denied your account (Which they don't tell you about until 10 or so days after they took thier first payment from one of your customers. ) They will probably hold, yours and your customers money for about 21 days then tell you via NO REPLY email, that you cannot have an account. They will not ask you for any extra verification, like CC auth. forms, invoices, business formation documents or liceneses they will probably just - not approve you. And not tell you why . WHILE HOLDING YOUR MONEY FOR WEEKS.

1 Like
Tourist
12 0 2

We have had two instances. They didn't help. 

1 Like