Worst Experience with Stripe Payment Gate. How many people using Stripe?

1 0 0

My accountant has just spotted we havent been receiving payouts from Stripe since April 2016, 14 months, they owe me nearly 6000 euros. !!!!

I contacted Stripe  by emaill yesterday, tried again today, and used an internal contact link.

I have checked our dashboard, all seams to be set up correctly, we were receiving payouts regularly prior to April 2016.

The rolloing amount they owe me rolls back a day each day as the payout date, today it says paying out on 15 June , 7 days from now.

0 Likes
1 0 0

Sadly I have to agree with everyone above, do not use Stripe. You cannot afford to use them!

I set up stripe on my website and started receiving payments, everything seemed to be fine. Payments came in, Stripe kept a bit, the rest went to my account. Then a few larger payments came in and no payouts were scheduled, so I contacted Stripe. What a pointless idea that is, contacting stripe, they dont reply, maybe 2 days later you could get a response, and its from a different person every time. Very frustrating.

Eventually they reply anyhow, they inform me they need additional information about my company, which I supply within minutes.

Then nothing, for another 2 days, some tumbleweed rolls by, my company continues working. Then stripe reply, We wont be processing your current payments for 90days to safegaurd against possible chargebacks as we think your business could have a lot of refunds.

I reply immediately that Ive been in business for years and have never had a refund.

2 days go by. nothing again.

I email them again looking for more news.

Another day goes by, then they respond that they are sorry but suggest I use some other payment gateway.

Finally, I see the light and remove stripe from my website, I then have to issue refunds to all clients who paid through my site and ask them to pay in other ways.

Now I use paypal, its the original and best, it works every time. And they have people you can talk to! Novel idea Stripe, get tech support!

You cannot afford to use stripe in your small business. They are frustrating, faceless and have no interest in working with people.

Issues with stripe, problems with stripe, stripe frustrations. Ive had them all in the last 2 weeks.

AVOID.

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 3

Stripe has been nothing but a headache!! We recently moved to Stripe and had 5 completed orders amounting to $1500+ sales. We shipped all orders after payments said "complete" 

a week later, there was a fraud detected by the same customer placing 4 orders after each other, with 4 different Credit cards... a day later we received an email from Stripe saying that they will be refunding all past-completed order to the customers because we are a risky business.. without explaining.  

I ran after them email after email and no response until i contacted them over TWITTER !! and still 0 help... i had to run after the 5 customers explaining to please repay via paypal... thank god 4 out of 5 did.. but some customer out there is enjoying our product for free....DOONTTT USE STRIPEEE

2 Likes
1 0 0

I received the email below on the 11th of August 2017. Since then I have been emailing asking what happens to the funds they are holding but no reply. 

I actually respect their right to choose to process my business or not (even though Shopify recommended I use Stripe) but  please note I didn't have one chargeback in three months of processing so my business can't be too "risky".

Anyway. Can anyone with similar experience with Stripe advise what does actually happen to the funds that they are holding on our behalf. Are they eventually released to the business owner? If so, how long is the usual wait?

Thank you for getting in touch with Stripe. My name is Sonny and I'm here to help out while Grayson is out of the office. I hope that's okay.

Sadly, we will not be able to support your business going forward. Our system takes many different pieces of information into consideration when matching it to other accounts. In this case, your account was deemed to be related to a rejected one, and we cannot continue to process payments now. I’m afraid this is a regulation laid down by our financial partners, and it isn’t something we’re able to work around.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions, or if you'd like assistance in transferring any data from Stripe to a new processor.

Best,
Sonny

0 Likes
2 0 0

Same thing happened to my business. I started off strong and stripe refunded 2700 Dlls of the 3700 dlls that my site made in that week. Only sent an email to me saying that we are a high risk business and cant work with us anymore.

I have emailed time and time again and have had no response. Before I work on the lawsuit, I went ahead and reported the site to the BBB and to my surprise the have around 450 + complaints regarding their BAD SERVICE and still have and A+ rating. HOW CAN THAT BE, IF THEY ARE RIPPING CUSTOMERS (US) OFF

Also, they have 1095 dlls of mine still held up and they keep changing the payout date almost everyday.

Just really sucks to have stripe...

0 Likes
2 0 0

Me too. Also in the span of two weeks, stripe literally killed my business...

0 Likes
3 0 0

The fact that shopify still has them on it's horrible. Despite all these bad review from everyone here and on other forums they still endorse and recommend it to stores.

0 Likes
1 0 0

Stripe is ridiculous. They hold your money for 90 days. Close your account without explanation even after they've took their fees . They don't pay out on time and keep changing the dates. DONT USE STRIPE. WORST CARD PROCESSING COMPANY. They're thieves too. They never reply emails. How can u trust a company(stripe) that don't even have a contact number ? 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Terrible customer service.  They don't really care about your business.  Their process for disputed charges is bad and they charge you an arm and a leg for a rejected dispute even if you're a big customer and you have proof the person purchased (and a 99.99999% perfect record of no disputes).  They told me " Stripe isn't the best fit for every business", so if you want to go with them, make sure you're a business that doesn't mind crazy fines and bad customer service where they literally don't care about you as a customer. 

0 Likes
3 0 0

Shopify should be just removing stripe as an option now that they have shopify pay.

0 Likes