Would like the option to charge shipping PER ITEM and not general shipping rates.

2 0 30

I would like the option to fill in shipping cost per item rather than general costs based on weight or sale price. Etsy and eBay both ahve per item shipping costs and so do platforms like Volusion and Big Commerce.

I sell antique items and some need special care or packaging and I want this in the price.

The one-size-fits-all on Shopify is not very useful.

17 Likes
Highlighted
Navigator
1151 0 118

Hi, Carol. Hopefully one day. Shopify 2 is a huge rewrite and I know plenty is in the works. There is also a new shipping API making its way, so I am sure some developers will come up with some nifty solutions. 

http://www.StandoutDesigns.com ::: Solid Wood TV Furniture for Enthusiasts. Made in USA.
3 Likes
2 0 30

I'm sure everyone has wish lists for the next upgrade, but to me, not having per item shipping costs is a huge mistake by Shopify. 

13 Likes
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi Carol, just an idea for you - if you have some items that are heavier than others, you can pad your asking price by a few dollars to cover the shipping charge. It all comes out in the wash - that's what we do.

1 Like
Excursionist
11 0 12

I totally agree. Big Cartel and Etsy both have shipping profiles so you can apply them to individual items.

Some of my items can only be shipped to the U.S. and Canada, others worldwide. That was actually the only thing that made me think twice about coming over to Shopify. I'm hoping they implement this option.

4 Likes
Excursionist
11 0 12

I just googled 'per item shipping on Shopify' and found some old threads from 2009 that were asking for this.

If they have no intention of ever doing it, they should just say so, so we can move on to another platform that has it.

5 Likes
2 0 3

+1

2 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
96 0 10

Hi there! 

Check out the app Better Shipping https://apps.shopify.com/better-shipping

You can indicate the shipping price per product and even shipping regions!

Send me an email at sacha@shopify.com if you have any questions about the app :)

I hope that helps!

1 Like
1 0 10

Is there a way to use Better Shipping without paying $10/mo??? Why is that the only answer/solution to all of these questions? I too have the same issue, I need per item shipping rates. I tried to install the app but it only installs if you pay... how on earth is per item shipping worth a monthly rate or $120/year??? What is there to maintain? this should be a free app from Shopify. Frustrating.

10 Likes
Tourist
7 0 7

I am an Etsy user and I think it's a joke that theres not shipping profiles for Shopify. Really putting me against not purchasing Shopify. I think I will have to try big cartel as others have said.

6 Likes