Wrong currency conversion

Highlighted
7 0 0

I am from Brazil and my store uses the REAL currency (BRL). But, I see that the Oberlo when importing the products of AliExpress, is doing the conversion of the wrong currency. One dollar here in Brazil costs R $ 3.13 (BRL). So a product that costs $ US 100 on AliExpress should be converted to $ 313 (BRL) and is coming up for a lot less. How to solve this

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
13 0 0

Hi, Murillo!

Mel here from Shopify. Thanks for reaching out. I had a look into this matter for you and the currency may need to be updated within the Oberlo app. As Oberlo imports all products prices in USD, it needs to be changed to match your currency.

You can change your currency by adjusting your price multiplier in your Oberlo settings page. How you set this up is that you multiply your existing Price Multiplier by the ratio between USD and your currency. For example, let’s say your store displays all prices in BRL, your Price Multiplier may be set at something like 1.8 and 1 USD = 3.13BRL.

So in order to reflect this, you should then update your Price Multiplier to 1.8 * 3.13 = 5.634.

So after you import a product that costs e.g. $10.00 USD on AliExpress.com, your retail price would be $56.34 BRL rather than just $18.00 BRL. 

Hope this information helps! You can reach out to the Guru team https://help.shopify.com/questions if you have any questions.

Have a great day!

Melissa | Shopify Guru

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

My original currency is Philippine Peso, but later think that USD is better when selling international, but I encounter problem, Google dont recognize dollar coz I'm in Philippines so I change it back again to Peso. So I thought the problem solve and all the settings in Oberlo and Shopify updated but when importing now my product to store the conversion it register is from dollar. Before the 2nd change to Peso I deleted all my product and change the settings, but why Oberlo multiplier is not flowing automatically in shopify even updated?

0 Likes