You tried to add a payment method too many times. Please contact support.

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi im getting this message when i try to pay for my store. i also cant contact support through live chat because when i got to do that it says select your store to continue my store name comes up but i cant select it its just in plain black writing theres no option to select it so i cant contct support through emil or live chat cn someone help me plese?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
734 39 123

Hi, @shanemcc.

Tira here, from Shopify Support. 

I'm sorry to hear that your payment method isn't working. This error message will appear if the payment method does not meet our requirements:

- Must be a postpaid credit card (pre-paid cards are not supported)

- Must be a full credit card (credit hybrid cards are not supported)

- Must be a Visa, Mastercard or Amex

- Must be capable of accepting charges in USD

- Must be capable of making online purchases

- Must be capable of accepting recurring billing

- Must have appropriate funds available

- Must enter the billing address and details the same as what their bank has on file

You can check out more information about paying for your subscription plan from our Billing FAQ here and in this Shopify community thread, here. If you're not sure if your payment method meets these requirements, please contact your bank to confirm. 

If you've received confirmation that your card does meet these requirements and are still experiencing the error, please reply to this thread and I can take a further look into your account.

Let me know if this helps!

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

There is no problem with my bank and paypal still it shows You tried to add a payment method too many times. Please contact support. so please resolve the issue ASAP.

Thankyou

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
734 39 123

Thank you for confirming this, @fashocart. What I can do here is reset your payment attempts on our end so that you can move forward with your payment. 

To make this easier for you, I've sent an email to the email address that you have on your Shopify Community profile.  Please reply to the email so that I can verify you on the account and look into this for you.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes