Your Shopify Payments account is on hold

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

This is crazy!!! They had 2 years to ask me for all my info and poof last week, every sale of mine is considered high risk and they are holding my money for 120 days. I was assuming that the proof of inventory request would show that bills are due and they cant hold money on small guys like me but they CLEARLY don't care. The risk department will only contact me with very generic emails and nothing with any real explinations on why they are doing this now. I even got one of my "fraudulet sales" photo id, proof of signature from fed ex location, and the fraud alert had everything correct except for ip addy. Which, when I looked it up...it was located in his city on his ID. I mean....how much more proof can you get. I've just been refunding customers now because who can run a buisness for 120 days with no income to pay vendors?!!?? And who would want to?!?!?

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Holy hell, glad I found this thread. Literally today just converted our trial account to a paid plan, but now I'm seriously reconsidering moving our site to Shopify. Actually, considering I'm a "drop-shipper" (one that's been in business since 2002), this thread pretty well seals the deal that I WON'T be continuing with Shopify if they can just lock up my funds like this. I'll definitely be going back to look at BigCommerce closer, as well as revisiting Woo Commerce. Glad to find this out about Shopify now vs in the future if/when they decide to hold all my money hostage after I've spent a ton of time migrating our site. I wasn't looking forward to having to shell out a bunch of money on "apps" every month anyway to get what should be basic ecommerce features like product options and the ability to offer free shipping on specific products. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Yeah...it is. Customers can still make purchases and it can still cost you inventory, but you cant be paid. Essentially, its an interest free loan you are giving shopify/shopify bank/shopify processing.

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

have you ever been on a 90 day hold prior too this current hold?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

No! Never.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I am dealing the same craziness. About a week ago I get this long email from someone identifying themselves as Risk telling me in short send all this information for change Shopify as a provider so I changed to PayPal and my account is still being held up. I have sent email after email and no response. I switched from Wix and never had these issues. Here is the coincidence this all happened right after I applied for a Shopify Capital offer. Not sure what Shopify is trying to pull but it has been a total distraction to my business and I am definitely pulling my account and going elsewhere with my business 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Yeah...I tried to offer just paypal as my only payment system but it would only let me do it in conjuction with one other type of credit card. Which kinda defeated the purpose. I'm just refunding people and contacting them to pay me by wire, check, over phone, or however we can figure out. Luckily its working so far, and it kinda makes it easier and avoids this whole "high risk fraud tags" that all my customers are getting. The only legit fraud purchase I had....I told shopify myself and did not deliver the product. I couldnt contact the customer becasue they gave me a fake number, email, and a carrier service as an address.  I still was charged $180 in processing fees for that order. Its been almost 100 days and I still have not seen that money either on top of the money from my legit customers in the past going on 50 days now.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Has anyone had this issue resolved? I just got this notification today and was wondering how long it took any of you to get this hold removed. Just trying to get more info on this as like others it is affecting my business greatly. Thank you to anyone who can give the time to answer.

-Patrick

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

Same thing just happened to our store. I'm replying here in the hope someone sees this thread before opening their Shopify account. This is crazy. We don't drop-ship. We didn't apply for capital. And we do have an office, answer the phone, ship out on time, etc.

0 Likes