Your Shopify Payments account is on hold

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 7
I’m exploring BigCommerce as we speak. I get it.

I understand the reviews are standard, but the lack of communication from Shopify, the disregard for my 24k and treating me like I’m nothing….can’t deal with that.
2 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
12 0 10

I have 107K followers on Twitter and I posted how I felt about Shopify withholding funds and tweeted to the founder/CEO that "Wade" (some punk that is handling my "case") should get fired.   They probably will never free up my funds!  HAHA .... Shopify needs a class action suit!   Controlling the cash flow?   What if I withheld Wade's paycheck???  How would he like that?   

The more people that complain on Twitter the better.  Use the hashtag #ShopifySucks

sample tweetssample tweets

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
12 0 10

Shopify's support for this situation is non-existent.   As I stated before, they need a class action suit!   

3 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hey I'm new to Shopify world. My Shopify payments is not allowing the customers to purchase with their credit cards. What do I need to do so my customers can complete their order at check out? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
12 0 10
I don't recommend Shopify. Their support is nonexistent.

I am in the process of shutting my store down by migrating everything to
Bigcommerce.
2 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
12 0 10

I think you got the "Shopify Fraud Dilemma" exactly on point!  I also think that the fraud app that they are trying to upsell us is a crock!    Like you, I have been on Shopify for years.   I have a very high-profit margin and I took a chance on a series of orders to an address that was actually local.  It turned out to be a "Postal Drop" to crooks in the Philippines.   It was my small loss and Shopify didn't lose a damn Nickle!   After that, I was on their shit list!   I NEVER have experienced such a horrible company as Shopify!   I bet if someone investigated this company they would find all sorts of crooked activity!   I trust that they plan on ripping me off out of spite.   They give way too much power to the "wimpy nerd millennial turd minion know-it-alls" that are allowed to run this shit hole of a platform. 

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

When you sign up for a Shopify account they promise that you can accept credit card payments straightaway. The part that they choose not to disclose is that your account will be put on hold, at a random point of time, while they undertake a verification/audit process. Here is the latest transcript with support. 

22:38 (me) My Shopify payouts have been withheld for two weeks (payouts from 12th September remain unpaid).

22:38 Chelsea (Support Advisor): Thank you for contacting Shopify Support! My name is Chelsea with the Support team, I'll be helping you out today.

22:39 (Me) Your company has misled me. You market Shopify Payments as an 'easy way to get started', yet it takes 2 weeks for a standard review.

22:39  (Me) It's taken nearly a week for a simple ID check.

22:40  (Me) You pass the buck onto Stripe payments, but this product is marketed as 'Shopify Payments'. This delay is Shopify's responsibility.

22:41 (Me) Your support offers no timeframes or solutions. You expect me to wait indefinitely for my money to be released.

22:41 Chelsea (Support Advisor): I understand that you as frustrated with the delay. Let me check into the tickets that we have and reach out to our billing team to figure out why for you.

22:42 (Me) I'm angry with your company and how I have been treated as a business customer.

22:43 (Me) No other company makes you wait for 1 week for an ID check. Why is this audit process not done in the background, without disrupting our cashflow?

22:44 Chelsea (Support Advisor): I am just reaching out to the team that would review this for you to figure out why the delay is happening and to get an update.

22:49 Chelsea (Support Advisor): I have someone with our accounts team taking a look for you right now.

22:52 (Me) How long will it take for my money to be released if I close my Shopify store?

22:53 Chelsea (Support Advisor): Alright so our accounts team has reached out to our banking partners who are reviewing the account for verification to see if the hold can be lifted.

22:53 Chelsea (Support Advisor): The account would still need to be reviewed before it could be deposited.

22:54 (Me) Do you think that it is acceptable that you can hold my money indefinitely while you review my account?

22:54 (Me) Why can't I close my Shopify store and get my money released?

22:54 Chelsea (Support Advisor): The money is not being held indefinitely. We have reached out to our banking partner to get them to review everything. Once that review is done the hold will be removed. We cannot provide a timeline as we don't have one from them.

22:55 Chelsea (Support Advisor): Any money that is owing to you will be deposited if you were to cancel your store.

22:55  (Me) If I close my store, will the review stop and funds released?

22:56 (Me) ie: Does closing my store terminate this review?

22:56 Chelsea (Support Advisor): No, it would still be subject to the review.

22:57 (Me) Why can you not provide me with a timeframe? The bucks stops at Shopify.

22:57 (Me) You are responsible.

22:57 Chelsea (Support Advisor): Because it is not us who is reviewing the request, it is our banking partner who is.

22:57 Chelsea (Support Advisor): We do not have a estimate on the timeline to provide you.

22:57 (Me) It's called 'Shopify Payments'.

22:59 (Me) Since you refuse to give me an estimate, then I will ask you another question. I was asked to provide a copy of my ID. Do you perform the audit, and ask for all the information that you need in one go?

22:59 (Me) Will you come back to me and ask me for further information? This will cause more delays, of course.

22:59 Chelsea (Support Advisor): The audit comes from our banking partner to review all the information. The information that they would be requiring would have been asked in the initial request.

23:00 (Me) To clarify, I am waiting for someone to check my ID.

23:00 Chelsea (Support Advisor): I'm not refusing to give you an estimate. I don't have an estimate on the timeline to give. We were not given one so I can't pass one on. If I was given an estimate, I would. We have reached out to them to get the hold removed. Once they review everything you know.

23:02 (Me) This is unacceptable. Shopify has not provided a full disclosure regarding standard reviews. Your product has been falsely advertised as a simple way to start an online business.

23:03 Chelsea (Support Advisor): I understand that you are frustrated with this process but we are doing what we can to get this hold removed for you so that you can get the payouts.

23:05 This is an unacceptable business practice (Shopify). Bye.

23:05 System: Chat ended by the client

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 7

Well on top of that the news just reported that Shopify just had a crew of inside employees who were taking their customer's information....OURS! So who knows what is going on with our money and personal information now. The audit could have been a scam...no one knows. All we know is that they are holding our money for a long time.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 7

I've been encouraged to get a lawyer.  

I was told it would take 2-3 business days.  It has now been 21 days and they have $23,000 of mine.

Even posting on here makes me fearful that this is being read and the payments are purposefully being held.  Nothing makes sense of them holding $23,000 of customers money.

I wonder if one of these news agencies who are reporting the scam would be interested in this aspect of their practices.

2 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
12 0 10

I think a class action suit is needed.  They only owe me a few hundred dollars and I finally closed down my store.  This by itself is a major undertaking!  They told me to return the money to all the customers and then re-invoice them, otherwise, they are holding my funds for 120 days..   I have 107K followers on Twitter and I am beyond angry .... @@DaveMalby Hashtag is #ShopifySucks   ... My mission is to bad mouth and spread the word on how this POS company is being managed and hopefully, I will be involved in a class-action suit

1 Like