Your Shopify Payments account is on hold

Highlighted
2 0 0

My Shopify dashboard is showing the following message:

"Your Shopify Payments account is on hold

You are currently unable to receive payouts for orders processed through Shopify Payments"

I have not chnaged anything and received a payout today. No email from SHopify either asking for more information or giving further explanation. Did anyone been through a smilar problem?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I woke up to the same thing this morning.  Mine is because I had too many "unfillfilled" orders and they decided that because I *might* get some chargebacks they should put a hold on my payouts.  Didn't matter that I'm a handmade business and my customers are kept updated constantly about the time it takes to make and ship their items.  They said when I "update" everything (I'm assuming with tracking) they'll re-evaluate.  Keep in mind I've never even had one chargeback in over 1300 orders.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Heather, thank you for your reply.

I didn't even find out yet as to why I received this message. The Shopify "guru" advised me via chat that I should try other payment methods and had no ideaabout the hold on my account. Great advice! ;)

I have now deactivated Shopify payments but have future payouts and hope they will get paid. I only had one unfulfilled order, so I am not sure what is happening.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
537 0 78

Hey, Star!

Savannah here from the Shopify Guru Team. 

That message can pop up for a variety of reasons. Sometimes we just need to verify your identity through a quick ID check for our banking partners, sometimes it's a result of risky orders being processed and other times it's a terms of service violation. There are a host of reasons that you may have gotten  this message, and the home card message is automatically triggered, so it could just be that our Payments team hasn't gotten the chance to send an email explaining quite yet. 

If you're feeling proactive, you're more than welcome to email us at support@shopify.com (from the account owner's email address) so that we can request some additional information from our Payments team for you. 

All the best,

Savannah | Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

I am having the same issue and I am missing sales.   How can I fix this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
537 0 78

Hey, Denise!

You'll just need to email us at support@shopify.com so that we can have our payments team take a closer look for you.

Thanks for your patience!

Savannah | Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

How long does it take for support to "take a closer look". Why don't they send us a email of the reason our payments are on hold? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi,

I have the same going on. Been on hold for a month yet shopify had no issue billing me $30 this month. 

I have submitted all information, emailed, followed up, no response, no help, each time. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1234 76 269

Hey, @Tyrene

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having ongoing issues with getting the hold lifted from your account. I've gone ahead and sent an email to the email listed on your Shopify store to seek approval to look into account. If you could follow up there, I can take a look into where the hold up is!

-Peter

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

how long did all this take, just had this happen to my account 

0 Likes