'Your payment could not be processed at this time' Paypal Error: Help!

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi. 

I recently started an online store on Shopify but have been unable to receive payments. The payment goes wrong at the last step. 

I registered for a business account on Paypal (India) and that account has been verified by them. I integrated Shopify with my account this shows up on my Paypal account fine. I am using Paypal express checkout as the payment method. I followed the deactivation and reactivation instructions to make sure the Paypal business account is integrated with my Shopify website. I have tried following all the instructions on the Shopify website but the payment won't work. 

I tried testing the website checkout and things always go wrong at the last step. After I enter all the credit card details and everything, the screen doesn't process the payment and refresh. Instead, it goes to a screen saying:

'your payment could not be processed at this time, try later'.

There is also a message to try alternate payment method with a button 'return to merchant'. I have tried to complete the transaction many times. It's been 3-4 days but there is no reply from Paypal on this issue. 

Has someone else faced this problem? How do I solve it? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

I'm having issues with PayPal Express Checkout too, but I'm not sure if we're having the same problem. Do you have the error code? You can find it from the abandoned checkout section in the admin panel.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
498 1 57

Hi guys,

These are the list of Paypal error codes and what they mean: https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/api/errorcodes/

If your store shows the error in the abandoned checkout that is really useful as it will show useful information from the Gateway that you can share with their support when you speak to them so they can find what is going wrong!

It sounds like something that Paypal would need to look into for you urgently as you are not able to collection payments, so it might be best to call them on the phone and see if they can help asap!

Anne :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Dear Anne,

Thank you for the reply. How do I find out error code. I went to abandoned checkout in the 'orders' section  but they only show the name of customers and the products they purchased. Where can I find the error code?

Thanks. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi Preethi, you may want to click on the problematic Checkout ID (#xxxxxxxxx) then scroll down to the errors and click on the error messages, then you can find it under Error Codes.

Mine was 10413, which indicated the amount sent by Shopify didn't tally with PayPal calculated amount.

I've made a few discoveries regarding how Shopify sends tax values to PayPal, and found out it sends a rounded down value to the PayPal gateway.

More details on this thread: https://ecommerce.shopify.com/c/payments-shipping-fulfilment/t/possible-paypal-tax-amount-submission...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
498 1 57

Hi Preethi,

If there isn't any error in the abandoned checkout it might not be making its way to the Shopify admin!

I have seen this before where one payment gateway will work and another won't, so if you are not seeing this error code in the admin because its Gateway specific, you might like to do a test order and take a screenshot to use when you speak with Paypal!

I hope this helps!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Anne I'm having a similar issue. We were using paypal express checkout and then all of a sudden the checkout stopped working and users started receiving the errors. We then switched to Paypal Payment Pro and still have the same issue. We checked the abandoned orders and the error we got was "10548    Invalid Configuration The merchant account attempting the transaction is not a business account at PayPal. Check your account settings." we verified that our paypal account is a business account. Any recommendations?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
498 1 57

Hi Joe,

Its always really important to contact Paypal if you are finding that they account isn't working and you have disconnected and reconneced your store to your Paypal while troubleshooting and it still isn't working when you test it again, as these errors come directly from them

If you had Paypal Express and not Paypal pro before, it sounds like they want you to have a different kind of account with them to use this other gateway

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1

I contact PayPal regarding my issue and they told me to upload some KYC documents.

I did all that they said.

And now Paypal confirms that account review is complete and they returned my account to regular standing.

Paypal also told me that now my store can accept international payments.

But the problem is still showing, people still get the error message from PayPal.

So, can you please go to my store and do a successful transaction, just to confirm that the Paypal payment gateway is Okay for accepting international payments.

Please put a discount code "99" to avail 99% off on order. I will return any amount you spend.

Click here ---->>>

https://exaltisland.com/collections/best-selling-products/products/adorable-cats-phone-stand

If you don't mind, please sends some screenshots also.

reply soon, I will be waiting.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

please check this website

0 Likes