Your payment could not be processed at this time - credit card payment issue

Solved
Tourist
21 0 1

Hi,

I'm receiving this message on my site while testing checkout with credit card:

"Your payment could not be processed at this time, please try again in a few minutes"

I have waited and tried again, tried with a different credit card, and tried with a different device.  Paypal works fine.

Is this a shopify payments issue, or something else?  Has anyone else experienced it before?

Thanks.

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
134 14 14

Hey there, @Sirrah!

Ryder here from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble testing your checkout, but I'd be happy to see if I can offer some guidance.

You can learn more information about an attempted transaction relating to the order on the Order's page. Because these order's were unsuccessful, you can click on Orders > Abandoned checkouts in the lefthand menu of your Admin to review your abandoned orders. Once you've opened the order in question, you can find the transaction information in the History section of the order. If you click on a transaction message, it will open up and share more information regarding the gateway and error code. This should give you some insight as to what went wrong with the transaction. Similarly, your successful orders will have a Timeline section where you can review the timeline of the order, including transactions.

We don't currently have any live issues reported with the Shopify Payments Gateway, but this message can sometimes be a result of the minimum required charge not being met. Because Shopify Payments is powered by Stripe, you can find the minimum and maximum charge amounts on their guide here. You'll want to ensure that the amount you're trying to checkout with exceeds the minimum limit.

You can also test the Shopify Payments Gateway by enabling test mode and simulating successful or failed transactions. You can reference our Testing Shopify Payments guide to help you out.

If you're still unable to determine the cause of this failed attempt at a transaction, or have any questions at all, please let me know and I'd be happy to take a deeper look into it for you!

Cheers.

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
21 0 1

Thank you for your help Ryder.  My mistake was that the value I was trying to process on the test transaction was too low.  

Thanks again!

0 Likes