‘Your payment could not be processed at this time’

seeglster
3 0 0

Hi - no credit card payments are going through on my site. Every time someone tries submit their credit card, they get the error message ‘your payment could not be processed at this time’. Can someone help me figure out what’s going on?

0 Likes
Karlie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
663 53 120

Hello, @seeglster!

Karlie here from the Shopify Support Team! Do you mind answering a few questions to help with troubleshooting?

1. What payment gateways are you currently using?
  2. Have you made sales already in the past?
  3. Have your customers successfully used this payment gateway before?
  4. Is your payment gateway configured? You'll just want to double check if your payment gateway is set up correctly by going into your Shopify Admin> Settings> Payment section. You can use this guide to help you make sure your payment gateways are configured.
  5. Can you run a test order to see if you're able to put through an order successfully? You can use this guide to help you run a test order. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you! 

Karlie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
seeglster
3 0 0

Thank you!! I just adjusted the settings and did a test order and it appeared to go through. I just asked the customer to try again to see if it’ll go through.

One more question which I noticed when altering to do a test order. I see my setting is on ‘automatically fulfill only the gift cards of the order’. I have the majority of my items from Printify and a handful of others set to Shopify since I will be manually fulfilling those orders. My question is, do I need to check the box ‘Automatically fulfill the order’s line items’ or leave as is?

seeglster_0-1602691151666.jpeg

0 Likes
Karlie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
663 53 120

Hello again, @seeglster!

Karlie here! Glad you were able to spot the payment problem! So, usually print-on-demand companies need orders set to manually fulfill because the app would mark your orders as fulfilled automatically. However, this completely depends on the app or company you're using for your products.

What I would recommend you do is reach out to Printify and any other apps you're using to provide your store with products and ask if you should have manual or automatic fulfillment chosen. Because Printify is a third party app, I don't have the ability to look into details like this - the app developer team would be best team to help you out. 

This guide will show you how to reach out to the app developer to ask any questions you have. 

Karlie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes