Your payment gateway was in test mode when this order was created.

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello

I have a POD store set up with Printful and I'm using Shopify Payments. 

1: I made my store live by disabling the password

2: I placed a live order using a live credit card, confirmations worked and email notifications came through just fine. 

3: Transaction shows being processed out of my account

4: When I went to the order it says "Your payment gateway was in test mode when this order was created".

What does this mean for my order? How do I fix this? I went ahead and "fulfilled it" in Shopify so the order will get sent to Printful but not sure if it will be fulfilled on that end. 

Thank You for the assistance 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
312 27 65

Hi, @RealJetBrands!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify. This is a great question. It's certainly easy to make the mistake of publishing your store without removing test mode for Shopify Payments.

When an order is placed while Shopify Payments is in test mode, no real money will be taken from your account. It is merely a simulated transaction so you can view different transactional information. The checkout will simulate completed transactions as well as failed ones. If an order is placed in test mode, that order is forever labelled as a test and cannot be recharged for a real payment. So in this case for the test purchase on your store you won't receive a payout, nor be charged for the transaction. If the order has gone through to Printful, you'll need to check with them to make sure the order doesn't go through resulting in you being billed by them (unless you do want to receive the order from them).

We've got a great guide for you that walks you through testing Shopify Payments and placing a test order. I recommend checking them out to gain a better understanding of test orders with Shopify Payments.

It sounds like you're almost ready to launch your store, which means it's time to market! I recommend checking out Shopify Compass. Shopify Compass provides you with webinars and courses on things like store design, marketing and more. It's 100% free for everyone and new content is being added all the time. This program will help you drive more traffic into your store and also convert that traffic into sales.

Have you heard about the Shopify Blog? It's got loads of great content on ways for you to drive sales into your store. I've got some great recommendations below that I'd recommend taking a look at:

Driving Traffic but No Sales?
* We give you 13 steps to improve your conversions.
* Who is your target audience, and does your sites look and feel cater to them?
* Is your business trustworthy? (Also see the next recommendation below for more on this)

The 39-Point Store Trust Checklist
* Work through a checklist to make sure your store is trusted by potential customers.
* Look at the "nice to haves" vs "must-haves" in your store.
* Do you have essential information for your customers to view, like policies?

If you need help at all, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thank You Miles for you jumping in. 

I'm already well aware of everything you stated however my questions weren't answered. Let me ask it this way.

1: When I take my account off of Test Mode (Notification now says Site Is Live and can be seen by the Public) and run a Real Transaction how do I do I know it's been accepted by Printful?

2: In order to have Printful fulfill the order do I have to mark it as "Fulfilled" in Shopify in order for Printful to accept it?

3: I'm confused about how Printful receives orders once the transaction has been processed through Shopify.

Thanks Miles I appreciate it, Its just frustrating without being able to chat with someone directly.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
312 27 65

Hi, @RealJetBrands!

Thanks for getting back to me. To clarify when you say "When I take my account off of Test Mode (Notification now says Site Is Live and can be seen by the Public)", are you referring to the store itself being live? It's essential that you also check your Shopify Payments settings (Settings > Payments > Manage) to make sure that is not in test mode as well, as this is completely separate to your Online Store. Make sure test mode is also off there.

1. To check an order in Printful, you'll need to navigate to your Printful dashboard to view any new orders. Depending on how you've set up your profile with Printful, orders may automatically be sent off for processing, or you may have to manually intervene in order for them to be sent to printing.
  2. Your order will be marked as fulfilled after Printful has shipped the order. You won't need to mark the order as fulfilled yourself at all, as they'll manage that for you.
  3. When a customer places an order, that order appears in your Shopify Admin and is automatically sent to Printful. As I stated above, depending on your settings, they'll either automatically process the order and begin printing, or you may have to manually push the order through. If it's set up automatically, you'll be charged by Printful directly for the order and receive your payout from us within 3-5 business days.

Printful has a great support center full of FAQ's. I recommend checking out the Shipping / Packaging / Fulfillment help guides, but from there, you can find answers to most of your questions there. Anything not covered, you'll be able to reach out directly to Printful for support.

I hope this helps you. If you do have other questions, please reach out to Printful directly as they're a third-party, so Shopify is limited in the support we can provide. If you require a more urgent response from Shopify, I'd recommend contacting our live support team here: https://bit.ly/3i52f21.

Thanks!

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes