Solved

Your shop cannot purchase shipping labels - and no help from Shopify

LaCraftworks
Visitor
1 0 0

I was able to create and print about 15 shipping labels when I first opened my site, and then it suddenly popped up saying;

• Your shop cannot purchase shipping labels. Please contact shipping-ops@shopify.com to resolve this issue.

I have emailed that email address 3 times over the past 12 days and still have not received any response or support. Particularly, for a service that I'm paying for, to not receive any communication or feedback or instructions for problem resolution is unacceptable. 

Accepted Solution (1)

Bo
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1793 196 467

This is an accepted solution.

Hey there, @LaCraftworks 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

Thank you for reaching out regarding this. It sounds as though you have met your billing threshold. In addition to monthly subscription billing, Shopify also issues bills throughout the month according to your plan-based billing threshold. Billing thresholds are dollar values that trigger billing whenever the cost of your account activity exceeds its threshold amount.

You receive a bill whenever the total of your Shipping label charges and other charges exceeds your account's threshold. Monthly subscription fees are included in your running total, but they are not included in threshold bills.

If you have any transaction fees or other charges during your current billing cycle, then your store's threshold appears in the Bills section of the Billing page in your Shopify admin. If you reach your billing threshold and you're issued with a bill, you can continue to buy shipping labels until the total reaches 110% of your threshold. No further purchases can be made until you pay for the issued bill. For example, if your threshold is $400, and your account's activity reaches $400, then you'll be issued a bill. You can still purchase shipping labels until your account activity reaches $440 (110% of $400), but any more purchases after that can be made only after you've paid your bill of $400.

Charges triggered by your billing threshold appear in the Billing history section of the Billing page in your Shopify admin.

It looks like we’ll need to access your account in order to resolve this issue. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

As this is your first post in the Shopify Community I would like to welcome you! Welcome! I would recommend reading our guide on getting support from the Shopify Community here so you are best equipped when looking for support through these forum boards. I would also recommend taking a look at our introductory guide to Shopify here in our Help Center. The Help Center is packed with brilliant resources on everything Shopify-related to help you get started. 

What is it that you are selling with Shopify? I would love to know more about your business so that I can provide more specific resources to help you get started.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

All the Best,

Bo 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)

Bo
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1793 196 467

This is an accepted solution.

Hey there, @LaCraftworks 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

Thank you for reaching out regarding this. It sounds as though you have met your billing threshold. In addition to monthly subscription billing, Shopify also issues bills throughout the month according to your plan-based billing threshold. Billing thresholds are dollar values that trigger billing whenever the cost of your account activity exceeds its threshold amount.

You receive a bill whenever the total of your Shipping label charges and other charges exceeds your account's threshold. Monthly subscription fees are included in your running total, but they are not included in threshold bills.

If you have any transaction fees or other charges during your current billing cycle, then your store's threshold appears in the Bills section of the Billing page in your Shopify admin. If you reach your billing threshold and you're issued with a bill, you can continue to buy shipping labels until the total reaches 110% of your threshold. No further purchases can be made until you pay for the issued bill. For example, if your threshold is $400, and your account's activity reaches $400, then you'll be issued a bill. You can still purchase shipping labels until your account activity reaches $440 (110% of $400), but any more purchases after that can be made only after you've paid your bill of $400.

Charges triggered by your billing threshold appear in the Billing history section of the Billing page in your Shopify admin.

It looks like we’ll need to access your account in order to resolve this issue. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

As this is your first post in the Shopify Community I would like to welcome you! Welcome! I would recommend reading our guide on getting support from the Shopify Community here so you are best equipped when looking for support through these forum boards. I would also recommend taking a look at our introductory guide to Shopify here in our Help Center. The Help Center is packed with brilliant resources on everything Shopify-related to help you get started. 

What is it that you are selling with Shopify? I would love to know more about your business so that I can provide more specific resources to help you get started.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

All the Best,

Bo 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.