Zipcode verification

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
7 0 0

Greetings! Sometimes, people who order products from my store don't mention the right zipcode @ checkout and it is important to do that because we have an app that automatically generates shipping labels and we receive an error when someone doesn't introduce the right zipcode.

Is there any way we can force people to type the right zipcode when they complete the checkout form? Or is there any app that can help us do that?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
480 36 79

Hello! :)

We definitely have an app that can help verify addresses to avoid incorrect shipping information! Check it out: https://apps.shopify.com/smart-street?utm_medium=forum&utm_campaign=Guru+ASK&utm_source=social. 

It works by auto-populating addresses as the customer types and the cost to use is only 0.3 cents for U.S. addresses. 

Hopefully that helps! If there is anything else I can assist with just let me know. - JP

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
7 0 0

As I can see, that's a good app, but unfortunately, we have our shop set up in in Eastern Europe - Hungary to be more precise. Doesn't Shopify have any option to prevent people from typing in random zipcodes? At least force them to type a 6-digit code and receive an error if not.

To be more precise - I want my customers to receive an error if they don't type in the correct zipcode ( or at least a 6-digit code, not exactly the correct one ), when they fill the checkout form.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

how can i block to my costumers write only 8 numbers in zipcode? i started selling but i found this big problem for ecommerce in brazil.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

The Link doesn't work. Do you have any other link where I can validate what is the zip code of the region where I am located? Specifically Panama city-

I need to buy a domain, but I am unable to do it because of the zip code.

Regards

0 Likes