a question about payments in Turkey

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello,
I am thinking about using Shopify to build my online store ,but I have some questions about the amount of payments I must pay each month.
I am in Turkey so I can not use Shopify Payments I must use one of the gateways that Shopify has partnership with, so it mentions on the website pricing page there is an Additional Fees for using all payment providers other than Shopify Payments which is 2.0% in the basic plan so my question is;  Is this 2.0% related to the transaction fees?
What is Online credit card rates (2.9% + 30¢) , and In-person credit card rates (2.7% + 0¢)?  and what is the difference between them? are they transaction fees as well? , if yes, will those rates be added to the (2.0%) Additional Fees? Please identifiy the total fees.

The last question,Can I use one of the gateways that Shopify has partnership with like PayU while using the Basic Shopify plan?
Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
748 42 132

Hi, Gufran!

Katy here from Shopify. I hope all is great with you, and welcome to our community. 

It's wonderful that you would like to build your store with Shopify! Did you have an area or niche in mind that you would like to focus on? 

You have asked some great questions here, and I'd like to help clarify things for you.

With Shopify, we have our own gateway Shopify payments. This is currently available in 11 countries dotted around the globe, and we hope to continue expanding on this. If you are located in a country where this is not yet available, you will need to use a third party payment gateway to allow you to receive and process payments from your customers. 

When you use a third party gateway, there is a transaction fee on all orders that are processed via the Shopify checkout. These fees are not applied to manual payments (e.g cash on delivery, bank transfer) or test orders. These fees, as you mention are 2% of the total order amount (for the Basic and Lite plans), 1% on the Shopify plan and 0.5% on the Advanced plan.

The credit card rates however, which you see described on our page here represent a fee applicable when accepting any payment via credit or debit card. The rates listed are those which apply when using our own gateway- Shopify Payments. 

If using a third party gateway, they will usually have their own specified rates. 
In this case, you would need to check in with your preferred gateway (we have a list of all available in Turkey here) to check on the rates which they can offer you.

Online credit card rates are those which are applied when paying using credit/debit card via the online store. In-person rates are those which are applied via Point of Sale or when selling in person. Some more info on this here

PayU Turkey (Kredi Kartı) is available as a payment integration with Shopify, regardless of the plan you are using. If you are interested in using this service, I suggest to reach out to their support team directly, to enquire about setting up an account with them.  You can do so via this link here. Once you have an account created with your preferred payment gateway, we have some info on how to link it to your Shopify account here

All in all (when using a third party gateway) the amount you will need to pay per month will be your: monthly subscription, transaction fees (based on the plan of your choosing) and credit card rates(payable to your payment gateway). You may like to add additional functionality in the form of apps, which may incur an additional fee, but this is totally up to you. We also have some info here on how how your invoice is structured here.

I hope this helps to explain things for you. do please feel free to let me know if you have any additional questions - I am happy to help you out! 

Cheers,

Katy

Katy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

2 Likes
Highlighted
9 0 0

Hello Gufran! 

Good day! 

please advise if you have solved this problem yet, I am launching my business here and I am really struggling with the payment provider thin, as no one is accepting the dropshipping method. so please help me if you have the answer for that 

Regards 

0 Likes