accepting debit cards

Highlighted
1 0 0

Ive set up with Shopify and had purchased the swipe lightnening only to discover it doesn't accept debit cards, which is a problem. The Monaris system needs an ethernet cable plug in which I don't have because I am operating a Mobile Boutique...if I were to use another pin pad, TD Bank for example, would this work with Shopify?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
60 7 3

Hello, @birdie.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out!

TD Bank terminals can be used as an external payment option for your Point of Sale. With external payments, Shopify POS will mark the order as paid so it’s important to ensure that you collect the payment through the external card reader. External card readers, such as Square, can also be used as an external payment if you’re looking for something that uses WiFi or cellular data off your mobile devices. Here’s a step by step guide to help ‘Enable payment by external credit card, external debit, or store credit’. 

Just to clarify, is this a seasonal or year-round business? Depending on the external gateway you decide on, it’s a good idea to let them know more details about your business. This will help ensure the gateway is able to support your products and help determine a suitable plan for your business.

I hope this provides some solutions for you to look into. Keep me posted on how it goes! -Elias

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes