activating paypal express checkout on shopify

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi, 

Is there anyway to speak with a Shopify help desk on phone? I tried calling 1-888-746-7439 but the person who picked up said its the wrong number. 

I have been stuck with my Shopify shop because I am not able to activate the Paypal express checkout. I clicked on the activate button and was redirected to Paypal where I gave permission for Shopify for the setup, and then the next page I see is to go back to my Shopify account. When I've gone back to my Shopify, under payment providers, it says to 'activate Paypal express checkout' again. I have done this more than 10 times already, but it is still not activated. 

Could someone from Shopify please help me solve this issue?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
438 36 74

Hi, there! 

Ren here from the Shopify support team, hoping to help you out here. This sounds like it could be a browser related issue.

My suggestion would be to either log-in to your Shopify admin from a different browser and try to establish the connection again. You can also try clearing your browser's cache and using an incognito window but trying from a new browser entirely should hopefully to the trick. 

As for our 24/7 phone support, you can get in touch through our contact page here. 

Please let me know if that does the trick! 

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

wow that worked like a gem. Thanks a million!

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
438 36 74

Fantastic, thanks for letting me know! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I am also having difficulty receiving some recent payouts that were possibly done through Paypal Express. When activating Paypal Express through Shopify, or vice versa, even through a different browser, it still tells me the same when I refresh and I can't see any pending payouts anywhere. One of them goes back to the beginning of February. Please let me know what I'm missing.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
438 36 74

Hi @LYMAN-MORSE

Thanks for your post. Payments via PayPal are immediately sent to your PayPal business account so you wouldn't ever see "payout" information for orders that were paid for via PayPal.

Are you logging into your business account and not seeing the payments there? If this is the case, you will need to reach out to PayPal directly and ask them to investigate. Before contacting their support, be sure to collect any relevant information from the missing orders.

You'll need to navigate to the order page, scroll down to the timeline and collect the information found once you expand the timeline by clicking on the little black arrow. The process looks like this: 

Where you'll want to collect the following including Authorization Key, Timestamp, Correlation and Transaction Number. (PayPal may require more than this.)

You can find their contact information here. If I didn't quite understand the issue, please don't hesitate to let me know! Best of luck with a resolution.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I have the same issue as @nattang but not fixing?

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi,

I'm having the same issue and have tried your solution (cleared cookies, new browser & incognito mode) but still does not work.

can you help.

Cheers

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
438 36 74

Hi @flexava and @IDK_AUS

Thanks for your messages! So just to clarify, you're stuck in a loop when attempting to activate your PayPal gateway and the issue persists despite having cleared your cache/trying a new browser?

My first suggestion would be to double check that you are attempting to connect a PayPal business account (not a personal one), it's free to upgrade. Then I recommend trying on a different device entirely. Phone, tablet, another computer or laptop and see if that works for you. Regardless of whether it does or doesn't, be sure to check back here since we'll want to check why it wasn't successful on the first attempt. 

Fingers crossed you can successfully connect!

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0
Yes tried it all and still the same issue
0 Likes