activating paypal express checkout on shopify

Solved
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
530 39 84

Thanks for letting me know @IDK_AUS. Usually one of those suggestions does the trick. Is it possible that your browser needs an update? Do you have another computer or device on a different internet connection you can attempt to connect with? 

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0
I've tried on my phone and a different browser. Still does work.
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I think i have the same issue as well, i tried on a different internet connection and laptops/pc etc.. 

and everytime i click on activate paypal express checkout, it takes me to another page where i put my paypal email, and when i click Next it just keeps loading i have tried it on everywhere else, still the same problem

0 Likes
Highlighted

I'm having a similar issue.  We have just changed account owners on our Shopify store and deactivated the old PayPal account, but now I can't reactivate PayPal again. 
I click on Settings > Payment Providers > Activate PayPal Express Checkout.  From there I can successfully log on to my PayPal business account.  It loads a page titled 'Allow PayPal to connect your account with Shopify', I click 'Agree and Connect', but then the page times out and cannot redirect.  The URL (in Chrome) is paypal.com/bizsignup/redirectEntry?status=SUCCESS&statusCode=VERIFIED

I have tried different browsers and devices with the same problem. 
I have logged in to my PayPal account, it seems it is setting the permissions correctly but just can't get back to Shopify.  

I have been trying for a few days now but still no success.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
530 39 84

Hey @IDK_AUS@Rayijn and @AlexandraB 

I'd like to rule out whether or not there's still something missing on PayPal's end in terms of the information they need or the appropriate account being connected.

Please reach out to PayPal to verify that everything is set up appropriately on their end. If that's the case and you still find yourself stuck in the loop, then I'd like to send this up to my technical support team for a closer look.

Let me know here and as long as you have a valid email address attached to your account, I will reach out to get the ball rolling. Fingers crossed! 

1 Like
Highlighted

Hi @Ren7, I have had a response from PayPal, their message to me reads - "I have had a few people who have ran into this issue recently. I see that you have cleared cache and cookies and tried different browsers. There are a few more trouble shooting tips that I have learned through helping other customers. Make sure that the physical address and your email address that you have linked with Shopify matches those on your PayPal account. If that does not work there is one more. In your Shopify account under the settings sections click on account settings -> service providers -> view Shopify/PayPal and try removing and re-adding PayPal."

I'm not too sure which Shopify setting they're referring to.   

They confirmed that there's nothing wrong with my PayPal account setup. 

If the email address in Shopify needs to match my PayPal address- is this my Shopify logon email, the store contact email, or the customer email?  For the record I have tried all these by changing my email address in PayPal and it doesn't solve the problem. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @Ren7 , PayPal Support have confirmed that everything is set up correctly on my PayPal account

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
530 39 84

Hi @AlexandraB

Glad to hear you reached out to PayPal and they were able to offer some additional troubleshooting steps though I'm sorry to hear the issue is persisting for you. I believe the email address they're referring to is the one you use to log in. Regardless, I would like to send this over to our technical support team for a deep dive.

To get started, please update your profile with a valid email address and let me know here once that's done to allow me to securely reach out to you. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @Ren7  I added my shop URL to my profile, and can see my email address in my profile. I hope this helps you find me. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @Ren7, I'm still tearing my hair out here trying to get around this issue getting PayPal added to my store.  Can your Support team please help me with this? 

0 Likes