activating paypal express checkout on shopify

Solved
Highlighted

Hi, I've got it working!  It was a PayPal issue after all.  The PayPal account I was trying to use was created a while ago and only just recently upgraded to a business account.  It must have been missing some settings or information but PayPal Support didn't detect any issues with it.  After more troubleshooting with PayPal Support they suggested I set up a new PayPal account, and I was able to connect straight away it to my Shopify store without any issues.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
531 39 85

Hi @AlexandraB

My apologies for the delay there while I was out of office. I am thrilled to hear you managed to resolve this. I will definitely make note of this instance for future troubleshooting with the PayPal gateway and you have my sincerest thanks for the update! 

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

I just recently created a PayPal account tried activating express checkout on my store and the above mentioned issue on the forum started. My previous PayPal account linked just fine this one won't it keeps showing activate express checkout even when i do the process multiple times. Tried incognito mode, different browser, different device and different internet connection. Is it that the email not matching with my PayPal? last one didn't have same email that linked perfectly. Please Help.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
531 39 85

Hi @minininja

Thanks for your post!

Since you mentioned just recently creating this account, it would be worth contacting PayPal to troubleshoot this issue and see if you are missing any vital information that is necessary for a successful connection. As noted above, a user went through a similar issue and managed to resolve it after some troubleshooting with PayPal. 

Please do reach back out after you've been in touch with PayPal to make sure all of your settings and information is in check and let me know how that goes. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
17 0 1

hi, @Ren7 ! 

I have same issue and I tried changing my shopify e-mail adderess to my paypal's one and connecting with another devise , but I couldn't solve this problem. I have to receive money from customers before auto refunding by paypal. Please help me if you know any good solution.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
531 39 85

Hello @Nakaya-shiki!

Thank you for your post. If you have attempted the steps outlined in previous posts on this thread with no resolution, I would advise contacting PayPal directly to see if they can determine an issue on their end that is causing your inability to connect.

In the past this seems to have been the most helpful step for other users. I hope PayPal can assist you here, please let me know if the matter remains unresolved after contacting them. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

NO LUCK... I have tried everything I can find and it still says " Payment Gateway This payment method isn’t available on the store right now " ..... I've changed paypal accounts, currencies, incognito...... I haven't activated my account yet, is that the problem??? I am still building and will launch this week. 

0 Likes