adjusting standard shipping rate for customer based on add'l weight

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello - I am new to Shopify and am not sure I've set up shipping correctly. I have a standard customer shipping price of  $4.90.  This price does not adjust if the customer buys more than 1 bottle of product.  How can I update my shipping settings so that the customer shipping price adjusts/increases to accommodate the heavier package due to the their buying more than one product. As it stands now,  the customer pays the same rate regardless if they buy 1 bottle or 10 bottles of product.  And I'm on the hook for the difference.  Thanks.

Jeana

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
429 47 96

Hey, @jeanabrown23 

In order to accomplish this, you can create multiple flat rate shipping fees at various prices to match the cost of shipping for 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.. bottles of your product. You can utilize the weight-based flat rate shipping fees so that the customer gets charged accordingly to how heavy (weight of the total products in the cart + your default shipping package size) their cart is. For example, you can set the weight of your bottle product to 0.5lb. And then create weight-based rates at 0.5lb increments and add an additional $ value as the weight increases.

We have a step-by-step guide here on setting up flat shipping options in your Shopify store. I definitely recommend checking this out. If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes