carrierService API & Access to Coupon/Discount Information

Highlighted
Trailblazer
193 0 88

Need help from a shopify dev on this one:

I've just created a carrierService app and launced it for my store using NodeJS & AWS Lambda.

Unfortunately I noticed my carrierService webhook doesn't seem to get "coupon" or "discount" information when it provides me with "item price". This is something I need to properly calculate shipping rates programatically (and would be super useful for returning things like "free shipping").

Am I missing it? Or is this really simply not provided?

I need discount information before returning rates, so I can do things like provide "free shipping" to orders over $60 in a flexible manor. Additionally I have some logic which calculates shipping price discounts, based off the overall order value. We run a lot of coupons on my stores, 10%, 20%, Free Shipping and I need to calculate appropriate shipping rates based off post discount order value, not pre-discount. Also having discount code provided to my carrierService endpoint will allow me to do fancy things with free shipping.

Anyone have a solution for this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
193 0 88

TTT

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1665 51 186

Discounts api is on shopify-plus plans

*edited for clear answer.

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept the solution so you can help others.
Confused? Busy? ? Get me to solve it paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com.
Buy me a coffee? ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
193 0 88

Paul L: Let me know how discount API is going to help me in carrierService API endpoint with regards to getting coupon information in that endpoint.

For every/any customer.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1665 51 186

previously

doesn't seem to get "coupon" or "discount" information when it provides me with "item price".

now

know how discount API is going to help me in carrierService API

no discount api access no information, either implicilty in the item response or in a seperate call via direct discount call.

The best way to know for sure is support@shopify.com with subject "discount data missing in item endpoint"

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept the solution so you can help others.
Confused? Busy? ? Get me to solve it paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com.
Buy me a coffee? ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0
Hi
Did you find a solution for this?

We have struggled with this for years now, and can’t get any help from shopify.
0 Likes