Solved

changing the bank account without old number

myFancyUmbrella
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello,

saw this issue here on the community but need assistance.

When I started the test with shopify I entered a fake bank account. Now that I get serious with my shop I have to put in my new real account. BUT I have no clue what I entered before.

Please help me to find the old numbers to be able to fill in the new.

THANK YOU

Stefan

Accepted Solution (1)
Shay
Shopify Staff
2744 437 561

This is an accepted solution.

Hi everyone! I understand some of you are having issues editing your bank account details in your store admin. Due to changes in our security and privacy measures we have in place we are no longer able to provide email support through our Community forums. That doesn't mean we can't help you with this though!

We'd be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit the Shopify Help Center - Contact Support  and log in to your account to create a support request. Once you've logged into the affected account, you will need to search for the issue and at the bottom of the search results will be a button to "Contact Support".

From there our team will assist you in escalating this so that we can get the account information verified and allow you to update your banking details.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

-Shay

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 22 (22)

Lulu
Shopify Staff
911 87 223

Hey, @myFancyUmbrella!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

That is no problem, we can help you get this changed to a new bank account. In order to do so, I will just need to verify your account. I will send you an email to the email address attached to this forums account and confirm some security questions about your store.

Once you reply to that email, I will be able to escalate it to our accounts team and they will reach out to you by email and verify the store ownership and help you get that done. Please make sure to check your spam/junk folders for the email as sometimes it can land there.

Speak soon! 

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

PhyllisNg
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Lulu @Lulu,

same situation as @myFancyUmbrella.

In the beginning, I started m Shopify in the testing mode, so I was using the fake bank account. But now, I would like to publish my e-shop and I have no idea about the banking account.

Can you also send the email to me??My email is Phyllisss.ng@gmail.com

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

Phyllis 

Lulu
Shopify Staff
911 87 223

Hi, @PhyllisNg.

Welcome to the thread. That is no problem at all, I can help you get that fixed up. I will send you an email now to verify your account and after that, I will escalate the ticket to our accounts team who will verify the store ownership and help you get those details changed. Please keep an eye on your spam/junk folder as sometimes the email I send lands there. Thank you.

Speak soon! 

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

Madebysillah
Visitor
1 0 0

I also need help with changing my back info and everything i out in is incorrect, i am having a hard time contacting shopify

xmylifemytruthx
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi I have the same problem as I no longer have my old bank details can you please send me the same email link???

thanks

Jason

vyperfit
Visitor
1 0 0

Hey LuLu, would you be able to send me that email as well, please? I am in a similar situation.

Thanks in advance!

saundersv642
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello,

I am trying to add a new back account, but I no longer have the information to my old account. Can you please help me. My email address is classickungfumovies@yahoo.com

Thank you.

Bragawholab
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, please help. it says I entered my bank account information wrong and I'm not able to get my payout. since I entered it wrong the old number is not matching the records. my email is akbraga89@gmail.com 

edjshops
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Lulu, I am having a similar issue with my store. I made a typo when entering my banking information and can't change it to the correct information. would be able to help me with this? 

Djay
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello Lulu im having the same issue. When setting up my account and routing i left out a number and don't know what number i left out so i can't enter old info to update. Can you please help me out?

asyalabry
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello I also need help with this issue 

Zharria1018
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello I had a Shopify account about 5 months ago , then I stopped using it for a while I just got back logged in and I’m in the need of changing my bank account for the payout method but I can’t do so because that bank is no longer active or available to me , it’s a closed account .. 

can you please access me with the Information on how to change my bank info without having to fill in information about my old bank ? Because I have money sitting in my Shopify store at the moment that I need 

thank you so much ❤️

verydedicated98
Visitor
2 0 0

@Lulu I am also having this problem could u help me out please

verydedicatedclothing@gmail.com

CeniyahJ
Visitor
1 0 0

I don’t have access to my old bank account number that I used to create my Shopify now that I have one I’m trying to change it but I can’t ? Is there a way I can fix this ? 

Shay
Shopify Staff
2744 437 561

This is an accepted solution.

Hi everyone! I understand some of you are having issues editing your bank account details in your store admin. Due to changes in our security and privacy measures we have in place we are no longer able to provide email support through our Community forums. That doesn't mean we can't help you with this though!

We'd be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit the Shopify Help Center - Contact Support  and log in to your account to create a support request. Once you've logged into the affected account, you will need to search for the issue and at the bottom of the search results will be a button to "Contact Support".

From there our team will assist you in escalating this so that we can get the account information verified and allow you to update your banking details.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

-Shay

MariamHopkins
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi there, 

I'm having the same issue. Could someone please assist with verification on my account and updating my payments details? Many Thanks!

MariamHopkins
Visitor
3 0 0

Just an FYI - I contacted the support team and there was no escalation, they basically said get in touch with the bank and I cannot do this as it's not my bank. I had a freelancer help me set up the shop but I can't get through to him anymore. 

Shay
Shopify Staff
2744 437 561

Hi @MariamHopkins 

Thank you for following up with me on this. Can you please share the ticket number from that chat with our support team? While I can't review tickets directly myself, I can flag tickets for a review. I want to ensure that we get this situation resolved for you ASAP and with a high priority. If our authenticated support did not take the correct steps when you reached out, we definitely want to investigate that. 

MariamHopkins
Visitor
3 0 0

Thanks for getting back to me Shay, the ticket number is 41321256.

Shay
Shopify Staff
2744 437 561

Hi @MariamHopkins 

My sincere apologies for not confirming I received that ticket number to review. I did flag it for a review internally. 

If for any reason you did not receive a follow up about this issue please reach out to our authenticated support once more and share this community forum thread with them for additional context. The next step in changing your payout bank account details will be to have your ticket escalated to our billing and payments team. 

Brezrawhair
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello I’m having the same issue. How do I get help???

Shay
Shopify Staff
2744 437 561

Hi @Brezrawhair 

If you need assistance in changing your payout bank account details, please reach out to our authenticated support team for assistance with this. To access our authenticated support, please follow this link: Shopify Help Center

Just type into the AI chatbox that you need to speak with a support agent and follow the prompts to get connected.