charging schedule different from shipping schedule

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello everybody,

I want to sell a subscription on my store where customers have to pay monthly but receive the physical good only every 6 months. I have downloaded two different subscription apps (Bold Subscription & Recharge Recurring Orders) but none of them seem to offer the feature I am looking for. Can anybody help me out with this?? Is there another app on the app store that could help me with this particular request or is there a possibility in the settings to stop the orders from being shipped monthly (when the customer pays) but instead every 6 months?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
673 63 88

Hello, @sofiee1.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out.

Both Subscriptions by ReCharge and Bold Subscriptions are able to set subscription for 6 months. Here is a screenshot of both apps from my test store when setting up a subscription product. 

14-18-9qzw8-bawqc

14-22-lczsf-6qdbs

If you require assistance with these apps, you can always reach out to the developers directly through the contact information found in the Support section of the app’s page. 

Was this what you were looking for? If you have any further questions, feel free to reply to this thread and I’ll be happy to assist.

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello @Elias . Thank you for trying but you did not understand my question correctly. I know that you can set subscription for 6 months but what you can NOT do is charge customers monthly for it (shipping it every 6 months but charging them on a monthly basis).

Maybe you have a solution for this. I would highly appreciate any help. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
673 63 88

Hey, @sofiee1.

My apologies for the misunderstanding. I understand you would like to create a monthly subscription, which charges once a month, and send products on a 6 months interval. This is not an available function and there aren’t any other options available; however, you can check with the developers of Subscription by ReCharge or Bold Subscriptions to see if that’s something they would be considering to implement in the future. 

Is there a specific reason that you’re looking to charge monthly, instead of charging a total amount?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes