choosing the right payment provider for my country

Highlighted
1 0 0

I want to start a dropshipping business and I an based in lebanon (shopify payments are not available here) I want to be able to receive money from customers from all over the world and have it transferred to my bank account.

what direct payment provider so you think i should use and which is the one with the lowest rates.

and if I use a third party provider will i have to pay the shopify fees too???????

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
71 1 11

Dear Anthony,

yes, unfortunately you have to pay some sort of Shopify fees, even when you use third party payment gateway provider. As per my knowledge fees might vary depend on type of your subscription. 

their are few payment gateway providers based in Lebanon, I.e Bank of Beirut have their own gateway,  Areeba’s MPGS is another one. their may be more. Once you finalise your best merchant provider simply contact one of Development company who can integrate  your gateway to your Shopify Store. Oganro is one of the development agency who can integrate local payment gateways to Shopify Stores.

All the Best.

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hello any luck with payment gateways in Beirut?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
71 1 11

Dear Lou,

Yes,  Bank of Beirut have their own gateway & Areeba’s MPGS is another one based in Beirut. By default these gateways are not listed on Shopify. But If you wish I can assist you integrating them to your Shopify store. Feel free to drop me a message if you need further details.

Have a great day.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
552 60 90

Hi, @anthonymikhael .

Welcome to Shopify, we’re happy to have you aboard!

You’re right, at this time Shopify Payments is not yet available to merchants based in Lebanon. However, there are a few third party payment gateways that are already integrated with the platform for your region, and they can be found on the Payment Gateway page here.

Please reach out to the provider of your choice with any questions about their fees, credit card rates and help with setting up an account. Once you have created your account with them, integration with Shopify is simple. See the Help Doc for Configuring third-party payment providers for the steps. 

I recommend researching a few of the providers, and doing some number crunching to determine which will work best for your business cost-wise. When doing your calculations, keep in mind that there is a transaction fee to factor in as well. The fee is dependent upon which Shopify plan you choose, as seen below. Details of each plan are found on the Pricing Page.

20-07-bekpj-92415

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes