conditional shipping

Solved
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi I'm new shopify.

I'm wondering whether I can set up conditional shipping logic as below?

- My shipping term is all weight based

Product   Weight 0.3kg

1kg up to 30kgs : it has different weight rate such as 1kg: $20 , 2kg:$22, 3kg:$25 and so on.

Over 30kg: it has a flat rate per kg such as $5 per kg.

How can I manage the shipping ?? Is it possible??

Thx in advance.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
393 72 176

Hey, there!

Jason here from Shopify Support.

It's definitely possible to set this up right from the Shopify admin. Here's a great tutorial on how you can set up manual weight-based rate. If the tutorial isn't clear enough, feel free to scroll down and there's a step by step guide on how to set these rates up.

Keep in mind that the weights are in range. For example, in your case, 0 kg - 1 kg is $20. Then 1.01 kg - 2 kg is $22 and so on. It's based in a range instead of an individual number.

If you run into any issues, or if I misunderstood what you're hoping to set up, feel free to reply back here and I'd be happy to help out!

All the best,
Jason

Jason | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
Your Like and Accept as Solution are much appreciated!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi Jason,

Thanks for quick response.

One more thing that in case of over 30kg, likely

50~51kg : $55

51.1KG~52KG: $60

52.1KG~53KG: $65

Should I type those condition manually upto 150kg? is there any suggestion?

Thx in advance.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
393 72 176

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, there!

You got the logic perfectly! But don't forget the range aspect.

To correct what you just offered, it should be:

50.01 kg - 51 kg: $55

51.01 kg - 52 kg: $60

52.01 kg - 53 kg: $65

By keeping it to 0.01, it'll ensure the system capture the right rate. Another great thing is that if you made a mistake through the setup, it shows right away on the section. Once you get into the rhythm, it's going to be fairly fast to set up. Once it's done, you won't have to touch it again unless you're updating them to a different calculation.  

Yes, if you're looking to set it up for free, you'll have to set it to 150 kg. If you'd like to pay to set the rate up, I recommend you to invest in the custom calculated shipping (CCS) package, which is an additional $20 per month for the basic and professional plan. We can offer you this package for free if you upgrade to an annual plan. After having this package, you have to look into using a paid shipping app, such as Better Shipping and Advanced Shipping Rules.

To sum up, by doing it manually can save you quite a bit of money if this is a commonly shared shipping setting for your products!

Best,

Jason

Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

@JasonC Have you seen Primary Parcel? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
393 72 176

Hi, @saumya!

Yes, I've seen Primary Parcel from the app store. How may I help you with the app? 

Best,

Jason

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

@JasonC 

Hi Jason,

We have been using Primary Parcel as a business and this app has actually helped us resolve complicated shipping issue that we used to face earlier, the app allows us to not only setup shipping rates

a) By weight
b) Product / Product group type shipping rates
c) Calculated shipping for international shipments (UPS / FedEX) etc.

What Primary Parcel also allows us to do is to show Estimated Delivery Dates to our customers and is an app that uses meta fields.

We as a business found this app to be really handy, useful and easy to use, I guess you could evaluate it and see if like us other Shopify merchants can save dollars, provide great customer experience that helps retain their customers.

Regards,

Saumya

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
393 72 176

Hi, @saumya!

That's awesome! I'm glad to hear that the app helped you with your shipping needs. I'll definitely keep this in mind for the future app referral. That being said, if the features that the merchants were inquiring can be accomplished by native Shopify API, only required a little bit more manual work, I'd like to keep the options open for them as well. Just so we keep all the options available in the merchant's best interest. 

Thank you so much for your recommendation!

Best,

Jason

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
153 6 15

You need a shipping solution that would allow flat rates based on weight - i can show demo the solution 

https://calendly.com/kingwebmaster/15min

0 Likes