confirmation email SPAM

Highlighted
1 0 0

Some of my customers are complaining about not getting an order confirmation. I was later notified the emails were going into the SPAM folder. Does anyone know how to fix this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
575 18 71

Hi, Prettyepicstore.

This is Max from the Shopify Team. 

This can happen depending on the settings of the customers' email. Sometimes, automated messages like notifications are filtered into spam or junk folders. One option I'd suggest to help with the potential customer confusion is to display a message on the cart, or the order status page encouraging customers to add your shop email to their contacts list (to avoid the spam folder). 

For repeat customers, asking them add your email address to their contacts list will prevent further communications from going to spam.

You could also add this information to any FAQs or contact pages, to be thorough! It looks like you have a Help page at the moment, but, I'd suggest looking into these blog posts for some advice on different pages and why they're useful;

1. The Benefits of an FAQ Page (And How to Do It Right)
  2. Call Me, Maybe? How to Build a Stand-out Contact Us Page for Your Online Store

If you have any more questions, please let us know! I hope this added info helps.

Cheers, 
Max
support@shopify.com

Max | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
6 0 5

You will also want to add SPF records to your domain's DNS to help authenticate your emails and get them through the SPAM filters.

Shopify's SPF record

v=spf1 include:shops.shopify.com ~all
UPLONE | Create Reach
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 1

Pushing this topic, as recently - after my shop's sales increased to a decent amount per day - had to discover that many confirmation and shipping emails (very important as all the sudden many people asked for status!) went straight into spam folders or got blocked... 

Trying the DNS thing now, see if that helps...

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
6 0 5

Note: Each domain is allowed only one SPF record! If you add more than one entry incorrectly, then all your SPF records will be ignored. You need to merge them all into a single record instead.

Example, if your domain has the record:

v=spf1 include:zoho.com ~all

But you want to add:

v=spf1 include:shops.shopify.com ~all

Your final SPF record will look like this:

v=spf1 include:zoho.com include:shops.shopify.com ~all

UPLONE | Create Reach
4 Likes
Tourist
12 0 1

amazing thanks, i needed this!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 1

I had another one:

"v=spf1 +a +mx ?all"

So that could be in the same line right? E.g.

"v=spf1 +a +mx include:xx.com include:xxc.com ?all"

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 2

My own order conformations are going into spam as well as my customers. I received bills, other communications, and chat records from Shopify in my inbox (iCloud mail) without issue.

Three hours on chat with Shopify and still no help. I can't be the only one with this issue. 

2 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Have you added the SPF?

I just added it to my dns so i hope it works.

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Is there any fix to this yet, with everything this program does I would think you guys would be able to figure this out other than tell the customer to check their spam. 

0 Likes