confirmation email SPAM

1 0 0

Some of my customers are complaining about not getting an order confirmation. I was later notified the emails were going into the SPAM folder. Does anyone know how to fix this?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
578 17 47

Hi, Prettyepicstore.

This is Max from the Shopify Team. 

This can happen depending on the settings of the customers' email. Sometimes, automated messages like notifications are filtered into spam or junk folders. One option I'd suggest to help with the potential customer confusion is to display a message on the cart, or the order status page encouraging customers to add your shop email to their contacts list (to avoid the spam folder). 

For repeat customers, asking them add your email address to their contacts list will prevent further communications from going to spam.

You could also add this information to any FAQs or contact pages, to be thorough! It looks like you have a Help page at the moment, but, I'd suggest looking into these blog posts for some advice on different pages and why they're useful;

1. The Benefits of an FAQ Page (And How to Do It Right)
  2. Call Me, Maybe? How to Build a Stand-out Contact Us Page for Your Online Store

If you have any more questions, please let us know! I hope this added info helps.

Cheers, 
Max
support@shopify.com

Max | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

You will also want to add SPF records to your domain's DNS to help authenticate your emails and get them through the SPAM filters.

Shopify's SPF record

v=spf1 include:shops.shopify.com ~all
UPLONE | Create Reach
0 Likes