credit card charges (2.4% + 30c) and External gateway transaction fees

Highlighted
New Member
1 0 0

Hello Shopify team,

          Instead of charging the money to the customer on his check out , the merchant want to bear part of the cost. for example, if the customer, buys something for $100. Let us say we are using an External gateway provider as we operate in a country (India) where Shopify payments is not available, then the customer would have to pay $103.70. i.e. 1% + 2.4 %  (i.e. total 3.4%) on $100 plus 30 cents. But we the merchant want to bear that cost ($3.70), so that customer has to pay exatly $100. Is there anyway we can achieve this through the shopify platform or we have to manually reimburse the customer the $3.70.

Regards

 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
642 21 221

Hey, @drath!

Aria here, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

Are you referring to online orders on your website, Shopify POS (in-person sales) or both?

Your external gateway will deduct the credit card charges before paying out the rest of your money to your bank account. They will not bill your customer directly. If an order is $100 in total, that is all your customer will pay.

Which external gateway are you using?

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes