credit card gateway not activated: Philippines

juleslaqui
2 0 0

Hello,

A quick background, I use Paymongo as a third party provider for my credit card gateway. 

Whenever I check in the order section of the admin account, it says that my credit card gateway is not yet axtivated as well as the checklist from the Google app says that the credit card gateway is not yet activated. However, Paymongo says it is already activated. 

Is this a technical problem for shopify? 

0 Likes
Tira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
957 57 150

Hi, @juleslaqui.

Tira here, from Shopify Support.  I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this error.

I would like to work together with resolving this for you and I have a few questions to troubleshoot:

Is this the first time you have used this provider?

When did this message occur?

Where do you see this message? Is it in your Shopify admin or was this on PayMongo?

I did some digging and PayMongo has their own list of steps to connect your PayMongo account to Shopify. Have you seen this before: Installing PayMongo on Shopify? We also have a list of payment providers in the Philippines that you can take a look at here: Ways to accept payments in Philippines.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
juleslaqui
2 0 0
Hello Tira,

This was on Shopify admin account. I saw in the orders panel, when I
clicked "create orders". On top is "credit card gateway" not activated.

I follow the steps on Paymongo to activate the credit card. After following
the steps, next comes the email interview. They activated it after I pass
their questions so this may have come from your end.

Paymongo is my first provider.
0 Likes
Tira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
957 57 150

Thanks for getting back to me with these details, @juleslaqui

I appreciate that you've followed Paymongo's steps to activate the payment gateway. If you're not seeing your payment gateway activated in the Shopify admin, I recommend following the troubleshooting steps listed here: Troubleshooting Payment Gateways. This help doc includes verifying your account credentials to make sure they are correct, checking for additional set-up steps under Settings > Payment providers in the Third-party providers section, and clicking Edit next to the provider to complete any additional steps, as well as reaching out to the payment provider directly. 

Are you able to attach a screenshot (you can upload a screenshot using the camera button in the rich text editor in your reply to upload a photo) to this thread so that I can see what your payment settings look like, after following the above steps?

Talk soon,

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes