credit or refund before shipment

1 0 0

Hi,

new to shopify, so i appreciate the help: if a customer sent me an order, has not been shipped,

i would like to credit his payment for an additional amount before final fulfillment.

how do i do this?

Brian

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
138 32 36

Hi @pencilguyshop,

Dani here from Shopify. Thanks for writing in!

It sounds like you're trying to offer your customer store credit or a refund for an order they've placed. Is that correct, or are you looking to charge them an additional fee?

If you're looking to offer a refund, you can do this in the admin by navigating to the orders page. Once you select the order, you'll be able to click Refund at the top of the page.

On this Refund screen, you can refund entire items by adjusting the quantity. Alternatively, you can refund a manual amount by entering a specific amount into the text box.

Once you're happy with the amount you'd like to refund, simply select Refund $XX.XX.

If you're looking to issue store credit and you're on the Shopify Professional ($79/month) plan or higher, then you can do so using gift cards in your admin. Since Gift Cards are a feature included in the Professional plan or higher, this wouldn't be an option with the Basic plan.

To issue a gift card from your admin, go to Products > Gift Cards and select Issue gift card. Here, you can select the value and make sure to enter your customer information. Once you click Issue gift card on this screen, the gift card code will be emailed to your customer.

If I misunderstood, and you're actually looking to charge your customer an additional amount you can do so using the Order Editing feature. This will allow you to add shipping charges, additional products, taxes, etc. You can invoice the customer for the additional charges to be collected.

Let me know if you have any further questions. I'd be happy to continue helping you!

All the best,

Dani

Dani | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Tourist
14 0 1

Hi Brian!
My name is Neomi, from Rise.ai app
I think our solution might be a great fit for your needs :)
We provide an intuitive way to refund customers with store credit, directly from our dashboard or your Shopify Admin!

Feel free to reach out to me at info@rise-ai.com if you have any further questions!
Neomi

0 Likes