customer's account got debited for an abandoned checkout , money not reversed

Highlighted
4 0 0

The buyer tried placing order on July 16 , her account got debited but we never received any confirmed order . Her order was visible under abandoned check outs and the money did not get refunded , nor we have received the payment . We are trying to contact the payment gateway , ccavenues but there is no response . 

The customer is demanding the order /refund . Please advise , what can be done in such cases .

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 85 161

Hey, @Isomars!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thank you for getting in touch and I'll be more than happy to help you out with your question.

Sorry to hear that you are having this problem. This can happen when you are using a third-party payment gateway because Shopify requires that the customer making the payment be redirected to the Thank You page of our platform so that the order can be created in the admin. If the redirect from the gateway does not occur or the customer closes the window before this can happen, the order will be created as an abandoned checkout.

Usually, If you’re able to confirm that payment was received for your abandoned checkouts, then you can create an order for the checkout in admin and mark it as paid. We have a doc on creating draft orders here. I know you mentioned that no money has come into your account from this order, have you checked with the bank? It is up to the payment gateway to transfer the money so I would keep on to them about the funds. Have you received a screenshot of the customer's bank statement showing the amount debited from their account to ensure it has not been reversed?

In the meantime, you can explain to the customer that you are trying to confirm with your payment gateway or you can cancel and refund the order or offer them a discount code perhaps? Be sure to keep in contact with the customer to avoid a chargeback. I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions at all - we are always happy to help!

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Dear Lulu,

Thanks for your help on this forum, I have a similar query to @Isomars', but in my case, I am the customer. 

Just like in @Isomars' case , my paypal account has been debited and I didn't as much as receive a confirmation email from the seller. I am reaching out to you because the paypal account was powered by shopify which was why I paid. I had the confidence that if shopify is powering a transaction then all should be well.

When I made the payment, I got the "thank you page" and nothing else since then.

I am happy to provide picture evidences of my transaction with the seller.

I haven't mentioned the name of the seller here because I don't want  to appear to be running them down.

I need your help with this issue.

Thanks

Ebun

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0
Thanks for your reply . Incidentally the buyer is not providing us with
the transaction record. So I wanted to check if we could get break up of
the funds credited for the transaction , so that we can find out about this
particular transaction.

Warm regards,
Yogita - For Isomars

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Thank you so much for your reply. The seller is called Hamamkowigs, they
advertise on facebook and through other digital platforms. They encourage
buyers to go on their website, (www.hamakowigs.com) to select items and
pay via PayPal. I was at first skeptical but wanted to confirm my
skepticism and went ahead to make a purchase and I noticed that the paypal
page is powered by shopify which gave me so much assurance.

I have screen shots of the payment page if you would like me to send them.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

i just had the same problem today

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0
please drop a mail to customer care -
service@ccavenue.com and share the ccavenue reference id shared by the
buyer.
0 Likes