different weights for product varaints

Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 2

We sell products such as rope and ratchet straps and he product variants I have set up are for Colour and Length.

However I want to set up shipping costs based on wieght but when I create variants it doesn't allow me to add individual weights for each varaiant. Obviously a 10 Metre Ratchet strap weighs much more than a 5 metre one. 

Is there a way to add weights to individual variants? If not then I don't think shopify is going to work for me.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1067 103 250

Hey there, @WRP-Steve 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

That is a really great question. Luckily, you are able to add individual weights for the variants once the product has been created.

1. Go to Products and select the product you want to add individual variant weights to.
  2. Scroll down to the variants and click Edit beside any of the variants to open the variant editor:
  3. You can then select the variant you want to edit from the variant list: 
  4. Scroll down to the Shipping settings and change the weights accordingly.
  5. Click Save.

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can assist you with, I'm happy to help!

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 2

Perfect! Thanks very much for the quick reply.

I had a panic having added so many products to then think i couldn't add individual weight.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
1381 111 200

Hi @WRP-Steve 

Well, it could be possible that you can't add weight on individual variants. But you can anytime, add the separate option of weight in the product as Shopify allows 3 options to be added in the products.

Please let me know of any concerns.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
150 6 15

there is a solution on the variant level for weight, dimensions, etc - this allows accurate shipping based on the option the shopper selects.  Lets discuss.

https://calendly.com/kingwebmaster/15min

0 Likes