diptoglasses.com scam or fraud?

Highlighted
3 0 0

I recently placed an order. When I try to track the order, I get an error. The contact link only refreshes the page. I sent an email to info@diptoglasses.com but haven't heard a reply.

What does shopify do to vet it's businesses?

How do I know if this site is legit?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
205 1 47

Hi, Antmachine. 

Leon here from Shopify Support. 

I'm sorry to hear you're having a bad experience with an online store you have purchased from. In these cases, it's always best to contact the business you had ordered from directly for updates on your order with them by replying to the order confirmation email you received. Typically, we recommend waiting at least 3 business days to hear back from the seller, if that's the same email you've tried. Additionally, it may be worth trying other methods of contacting them, such as through any social media pages they may have. I've taken a look at the contact page of the store you mentioned -- using that form will send your message in an email to the store providing them with another opportunity to respond to your inquiry. 

I do want to mention that we do not tolerate any kind of fraudulent activity on our platform and will investigate all claims of items not received. If you haven't received your items within the maximum expected delivery time of 30 days, please contact our support team by forwarding your order confirmation email to support@shopify.com. Upon receipt of that order confirmaton, we can help give you further instruction on how to recover your funds, and have our fraud operations team perform an investigation into the store, taking action against the store where necessary.

Hopefully they do respond to you within a reasonable amount of time, and you get your items! Feel free to send us an email if you have further questions.

I hope that helps!

Leon 

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Leon,

I submitted a query to https://diptoglasses.com/pages/contact-us last week and still haven't gotten a reply. Also, still no reply from emailing info@diptoglasses.com

I noticed the links for "McAffee Site Advisor" and "Shopify Secure" aren't links - they're just images that don't link to anything.

When I tried tracking my order at https://diptoglasses.com/pages/track-your-order the page returns an error. Order number 2472

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
205 1 47

Hello!

Thank you for sharing those additional details with me. Can you please forward your order confirmation email to support@Shopify.com so we can take a closer look at the order details and have our Risk Operations team follow up with you.

If you do not end up receiving the item ordered within 30 days, please contact your bank or credit card company to request a refund through their existing purchase protection processes. Letting your bank know about the experience also sends an official notification to Shopify and the payment processor that the store has used to collect the payment on their store which will prompt a review of their account by both providers. 

I hope this helps provide some direction on where to go from here to get your money back, and how we can assist you further with your order.

Thank you again for reaching out for help. 

Leon 

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Leon,

Thanks for the snappy reply :)

I hope dipto just mails the product so I don't have to deal with changing my CC info, but I'll cross that bridge if nothing shows up in about 3 weeks.

I've forwarded my confirmation email to support@shopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
205 1 47

Thanks for sending that over! 

If you're disputing a transaction on your credit card, you shouldn't need to change the details of your card since all sales processed using Shopify are PCI compliant, meaning the merchant would not have access to your full card details. 

All the best, 

Leon 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I believe that you do not support fraud, but it is happening nonetheless. i casually browsed a clothing site on facebook, and now i get inundated with different ads for sites, all supported by shopify, that all have the same photos (really badly retouched, i might add), and the comments are generally negative: merchandise not delivered, items that look only remotely like the photos posted, horrible quality. Some of the names that these fraud sites operate under are: Tinnydress, Wikiyoung, Stellatop, Shehugshop, Iceydasy, AnnevaStyle, Wakasiashop and i could go on! I would bet that if you trace these clients, you'll find they all lead back to the same place. fNow that you've been advised, I hope that you investigate these sites, as well as the others that i'll be sending your way. The end result will be that consumer confidence is shopify supported sites will crumble if these frauds are allowed to continue. The fraudsters don't care, because they open a site, make a few hundred hits, then disappear and reopen under another name, but you have only your reputation to sell yourselves. I hope you are successful in your efforts, and that you kick these criminals off of your service.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
150 8 35

I saw the home page for tinnydress.com, and it looks fine in terms of photos.  It's a long scroller for a home page.  Site reviews can't always be trusted either.  There is negative spamming, competitive undercutting, and even fake customers (didn't really buy the item) on the internet.  I think it would require a bit more data and information to determine whether a site is involved in fraudulent activity.  There's also supplier-end mistakes and errors that could lead to some of those results that are in negative reviews, and there's no way to know if those complaints were then solved or how they were solved.  Be careful about making accusations as it could be traced back to you in the form of legal action or your internet activity being tracked by those stores, especially if they're actually involved in fraudulent or criminal activity.

0 Likes