estimated shipping dates on checkout

Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1

Hello,

In the test transaction, for shipping time estimates
I noticed 1 business day for priority package and 1-2 business
days for first class.  I have to finish a product before
for shipping and will advertise 7-10 business days for delivery.
Do the same shipping date estimates appear in the live checkout 
environment?  I so, how do I modify this.  I am ready to launch.

Initially, I will only be shipping in the U.S. until I can review shipping
and selling requirements for other locations outside of the U.S.

Thanks

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
187 0 27

Hi wrapdesign!

Diana here from the Shopify Support Team.

Those estimated delivery dates will appear in the live version of the checkout, as some carriers automatically attach those values to the rates that populate. If you want to remove those estimated dates entirely, it can be done in the Theme Language section of your Admin.

You can access this section by heading to Online Store > Themes > [ . . . ] > Edit language. From here, I usually suggest typing the word 'estimated' into the Filter translations box, and (depending on your Theme) you should see the relevant fields appear close to the top:

To remove the estimated times entirely, replace the default phrasing (shown above in light grey) with a single space.

Hope this helps, and good luck with your shop! :)

Diana | Shopify Guru ~ Contact Shopify 24/7 at support.shopify.com!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1

Diana,

Thanks so much for the reply.  I will try what you suggested.

Regards

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Hi,

I was wondering if instead of removing the estimated dates completely, could I revise it so it adds a few days to the estimated time?  I find the estimated times that show up are unrealistic to that actual time it takes for the orders to be shipped even if we were able to ship immediately when the order has been placed.  I would like to still show an estimate for how long it will take for the order to be received.

Thanks!

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 2

This didn't help me. My shipping delivery times show as 1-2 business days.That's impossible because I am dropshipping and it takes 2-7 business days to create the product. I really need to change this as it is confusing for my customers. Please help!

Thanks

2 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

I am having same issue and have followed instructions from Shopify support team and have not succeed.

@Alison_Haveman wrote:

This didn't help me. My shipping delivery times show as 1-2 business days.That's impossible because I am dropshipping and it takes 2-7 business days to create the product. I really need to change this as it is confusing for my customers. Please help!

Thanks

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

having same issue, did you ever get it resolved? if so how please?

0 Likes