free\discounted shipping only for subscribers

Highlighted
3 0 0

I am trying to figure out how to offer free shipping only to subscribers who are in US\Canada and a discount for shipping elsewhere.  I have Shopify basic, so will also need an app for third party (Canada Post) shipping calculator.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
575 20 183

Hey, Najia!

Aria here, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify. 

You can have individual shipping zones for the US and Canada with free shipping set up and have a third zone for the rest of the world that does not offer free shipping. This guide explains how to set up shipping zones. 

To set up free shipping within one of your zones, I'd recommend using price-based rates. This is what it would look like when you set it up correctly: 

You can create a discount code for free shipping in your discounts section but there is no option for discounted shipping as such. You can, of course, use the same price-based rate technique to set up flat rate shipping for locations outside of the US and Canada. 

You don't need an app for Canada Post shipping calculator, that is included with Shopify Shipping. You can also purchase Canada Post shipping labels directly from the admin when you are fulfilling an order.

Does this make sense? Let me know if there is anything else you're not sure of. 

Aria
Social Care Guru
Shopify

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Thanks, but this does not solve the problem.  How do I offer free shipping ONLY to subscribers in the US/Canada (not everyone in US/Canada)? How do I offer a $15 shipping discount ONLY for subscribers elsewhere?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
575 20 183

Hey, Najia!

Aria again. 

I apologize, I can now see I didn't fully answer your question.

If you wanted to ensure a discount was only accessible to subscribers, you could use the Locksmith app. You could then use a discount link, using Locksmith to hide it from anyone who is not in your group of subscribers. 

The only type of shipping discount you can have is free shipping. You don't have the option to offer a $15 shipping discount. What you can do is set up a flat rate shipping rate for the rest of the world, excluding Canada and the US but I don't believe the Locksmith app works for shipping rates. 

I can send a feature request for you if you can provide a bit more information on why this is important and the difficulty it causes when this feature is not available. 

In the meantime, would you consider discounting the product instead of the shipping for International subscribers?

Aria
Social Care Guru
Shopify

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted

This seems to be an interesting use case. Is this resolved? Were you able to free shipping ONLY to subscribers in the US/Canada (not everyone in US/Canada)?

I am from the Multi Carrier Shipping label app and we are quite interested in this use case. You can approach our team to discuss about this.

0 Likes