fulfillment based on country using locations

Highlighted
1 0 0

@twong1 Thanks for the tips! It sounds like you've accounted for different products in the different countries, but not the SAME product available to both countries (just shipped within the corresponding country as needed). Am I right? or do you have the same products available to both countries with a slight name variation so that each product points to the correct fulfilment centre? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 3

I believe that case is covered too.

To be more specific, in a shipping profile for one of my products I have 2 separate rates. 

The first rate -shipping from my Toronto warehouse location- has a shipping zone that covers all Canadian provinces.

The second rate -shipping from my NY warehouse location- has a shipping zone that covers all US states. 

(As an aside: I'm actually using the same delivery service for both rates. I only need separate rates so I can ship from the correct warehouses)

So only one product, but when customers enter in a Canadian address during checkout, it calculates shipping costs from the Toronto warehouse. Similarly, when customers enter in a US address, it calculates shipping costs from the NY warehouse. 

After I set this up, when I go to this product in the admin panel, in the inventory section, there is now a location section where I can update stock amounts in each location. 

Note: Something very important that I forgot to mention earlier is that if you are using custom fulfillment services (fulfillment services generated via the Shopify REST API), this functionality is not accessible as custom fulfillment services are generated with a dummy address that defaults to fulfillment location priority.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 2

@twong

Thanks for sharing your experience.

We have a similar situation where we have stock in two locations, the UK and New Zealand. I'm trying to set it up so the UK location only fulfils orders to the UK and Europe, and the New Zealand location only fulfils orders to New Zealand and Australia.

The issue I had recently is an item went out of stock in one location and it was automatically assigned to the other. Have you experienced this situation where you ran out of stock in one location? Ideally I'd like the product to show as available only if there is stock in the location that can fulfil the order based on the shipping address. Does that make sense? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
105 1 25

Hello @LOMIEbaby ,

Yes this is usual issue that most Shopify store owners are facing with multiple locations.

We recently developed a solution which resolves this issue.

So you can:

• Allocate your inventory for each location.
  • Allow customers to purchase from their nearest warehouse only (can be changed from admin).
  • Set different stock levels for each location.
  • Auto detect customer location or manually allow customers to pick a location.

For example - you have two warehouses:

1. USA - for customers from USA and Canada
  2. UK - for customers from UK only.

So customers from UK, will be able to purchase stock available in UK warehouse only.

This way you can avoid overselling, and manage stock from one place.

Please feel free to get in touch for more details: info@xperteria.com

Cheers,

Ham

For FREE advice or projects, please email me directly on: hamza@xperteria.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 2

Thanks @Xperteria I'll send you an email now.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 2

Hi @GhostApps ,

can I ask you a few questions about your app?

I'd like to have different locations ship only to selected shipping zones. What happens when an item is out of stock in a location? Would a customer wanting delivery to one of the included shipping zones then see it as out of stock?

Thanks,

Stefan

LOMIE

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

hi there

so do u have the solution already finished? we are looking for an app that does  what you describe.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

hi GhostApp

i have tried your app,

but was wondering if you app can be used for   outside of USA?

i am  located in  Indonesia,  and currently need an app like yours  but then with Indonesian  regions.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

@horsti2010 we are faced with the identical situation currently and I cannot find any relevant solutions for this.

How did you go about turning this around? Did you have to build a custom solution for this?

Thanks

Karlheinz

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
119 0 12

Hi, I'm pleased to say I have updated the app to support custom rules, you can now match any state province such as Indonesian regions

I hope this helps!

0 Likes