generating multiple labels for one order

Highlighted
2 0 0

In addition to our individual online sales, we process wholesale orders through shopify as well.  All orders are sent to our fulfillment company and shipped from there.

When placing and order for multiple single items to one customer - no problem as those items fit in one box and can be shipped using one label.

Wholesale orders are a different story:  Our retailers order multiple full cases of our product.  Example:  someone orders 3 cases of blue, 1 case of clear, 2 cases of green, etc.  This order is passed through to fulfillment as one order and one label, but, in reality, each case is shipped separately.

What we need to happen, without having to run a separate order for each case, is to pass through wholesale case orders as one order per case therefore each case has its own label

Make sense?  Any ideas?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
209 1 25

Hi David, 

Jamie here from Shopify. I think I have a good sense of what you are looking to do. When you have an order with multiple items, when you hit fulfill you have the option of selecting which products and quantities you would like to fulfill. You don't need to fulfill the entire order in one go. This leaves the order partially fulfilled so you can come back and partially fulfill the order as many times as necessary until all of your items are shipped. You can then assign specific shipping labels to the appropriate product(s) and/or purchase multiple shipping labels through USPS where applicable. 

I hope that helps! If that isn't what you are referring to let us know! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Jamie,  Not really, but in a round about way could be close to a work-around:   What I need is this:  I create a wholesale order of 4 cases.  It is marked paid.  I need each case in that order to pass through as an individual item for shipping - essentially, the order would automatically become 4 - one for each case which would allow my fulfillment center to generate 4 labels for the same order.

Hope that is clearer.  Thanks much for your time

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
209 1 25

Hi David, 

Would it be possible to create that order as 4 X 1 Case instead of 1 X 4 Case which would allow you to fulfill them individually with unique tracking numbers etc.? At this time it is not possible to have multiple shipping labels for a single product, but if it was treated as 4 products you can give each their own tracking/shipping info. 

Cheers!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

So I have accessed the Shopify video that tells how to generate multiple labels for one order going to one address. However, the video states to add a tracking number. How can that be done if a shipping label has not been generated?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 3

I am in the same boat. Need multiple shipping labels for single orders due to size constraints or due to partially fulfilled order that will be sent at two different times. I see no option.

If I create a label on a partial order, the label and pack slip is for the contents that were not fullfilled. Makes no sense.