how to accept payment over the phone

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
13 1 3

I've always had the ability to process a phone order from a customer, as I used Authorize.net. I just moved to Shopify payments, to not be dinged on refunds and the 2% fee. Thinking that was a mistake, as I have no way to take my customer's payment info and process their order.
What do y'all use that have customers that phone in orders?
(I'm sure there is an app for this problem.......another money sucker)

I advertise in a huge national magazine, and believe me there are alot of folks out there that do NOT do internet shopping. They purchase by making a phone call. We need to keep them happy.

What is the solution?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
223 43 63

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Bobbysgirl,

Dani here from Shopify!

You can actually do this using our Draft Order feature. This feature is available with all our Shopify plans. When your customers call in to place their order, you can create an order in the admin by adding their desired products, any discounts or shipping, their customer information, and finally - select "pay with credit card".

Here, you can enter in the mandatory credit card fields and add in as much additional information as necessary. This just prevents the order from being flagged as high risk of fraud.

That's awesome that you're able to market to those that don't use online shopping! I'm curious, what type of products are you selling? And would you say a large portion of your orders come from your magazine ads?

Let me know if you have any further questions!

All the best,

Dani

Dani | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
13 1 3

Dani,

OMG!! I am so glad I asked this question!!!!!

Thank you for the guidance. This is just exactly what I needed.

We sell the following: Early American, Civil War, and Primitive Country home decor. https://www.farmhouse-primitives.com 

As for the question on what portion of our sales comes from the magazine ads......we do several ads. But the bulk of our sales comes from our web site.

I have been with Shopify since mid June, and I have seen a drastic drop in sales. I am thinking perhaps it's due to bookmarked pages with the old web site? and folks find dead pages? or it's slow everywhere and I'm worrying needlessly. Historically (I've had a web site since 2000), and when school starts it's always a bit slower, but this Aug. was more slow than normal. 

Thanks again for the help. And I'm sure it will help another newby down the line as well. Take care.

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0
So this feature is great except for one problem. I have 5000 items and they are arranged neatly in categories on my Shopify web page. When I go to use this feature to create an order for a phone in customer I have to search for each item and pick through the search results to add item to order. How can I use this feature and have the same easy choices and groups like on the web page?
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0
Why can’t I pay with credit card on a phone ,I use PayPal express on my store ,but with my pc I can see the credit card option 😣😰
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
223 43 63

Hey, @arno1!

To confirm, you're not seeing the option to pay with a credit card in the draft orders section on your mobile app, or on the storefront? 

If you can provide a screenshot of what you're seeing, that would be very useful in finding a solution for you!

All the best,

Dani

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi Dani,

When I tried to process an order for a customer, the "Pay with credit card" button is grayed out and a notification shows that I need to activate a direct credit card gateway. However, I am based in the Philippines and don't have any ways to directly add a credit card gateway, I only have the indirect gateway. Is there any way that we can still create an order for a customer and activating the button?

Thanks!

Screenshot_55.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I see you can add discounts at the item level and order level, but can you manually apply coupon codes (either unique or generic) and can you apply a gift card as the payment option to draft orders?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
223 43 63

Hey @bibaboi,

Thanks for following up. You should be able to set one of these payment gateways in the Philippines. Once you do, you'll be able to pay with a credit card in the draft order section.

If you're unable to, you would need to email the invoice to the customer. Once the customer receives the invoice by email, they'll be able to complete their checkout online as normal. 

I hope this helps you! 

Dani

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi Dani,

Thank you for your response, I already added Paypal and Paymongo. Both can accept debit/credit cards, but still not showing in the draft orders. I think we really need to email them the invoice instead.

0 Likes