how to add Shipping rate as per item quantity?

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello Team,

I need to set the shipping rate as per item quantity.

For Example:

User buy ABC product and ABC product having a shipping rate $10.

if ABC product quantity = 1 then shipping charges = $10.

If ABC  product quantity = 2 then shipping charges  = $20

Please let me know, How we can achieve this? 

I am using a free minimal theme and Shopify $79 plan.

Thanks In Advance :)  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
424 5 28

You can use the Multi Carrier Shipping Label app to achieve this. Within the app, you can create multiple rules based on the order quantity (as per your requirement) and set up a flat rate for each rule. 

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
269 28 48

Hi @ShubhamEkade,

Hyde here to help. That's an interesting one!

Shopify allows you to set shipping rates for the price and weight of the product, as opposed to quantity. There's more on that here. So you may need to massage your set-up process a little to meet your needs. What you could do is set up rates according to the weight of the products.

What this means is that if the user buys product ABC with a shipping rate of $10, then you set a second rate for 2 products that is $20 and so on so that it looks like this:

20-03-chusb-16w9o

Remember that when you're editing/adding a rate you can determine whether it's based on the weight or price of the order by selecting "Add Conditions":

20-03-5b3na-h0h7i

Bear in mind too that you have the option to create different rates according to profiles of products and collections. So you could also group products together in specific profiles that charge different rates too. There's more on Shipping Profiles here.

I hope this helps, but I'm happy to answer any other questions you may have.

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi

Thanks for your quick response :) 

I Implemented your solutions and works fine but showing an error at the top of the shipping rate on the checkout page.

Please refer to the below screenshot.

Is that warning or error?

Screenshot (51).png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
269 28 48

This usually means that the order weight or price falls outside of the rates that you have created in your store admin. 

When you're putting your rates into, please ensure that there is no overlap. In other words, if you're using product prices for the condition, make sure that if a customer orders a product that costs $45 for example, that products for that price-range only fall within one particular rate. 

It could look something like this:
20-03-c9yfo-kkcg0

I'd recommend you have a look at your rates again to ensure that you have a minimum and maximum weight/price condition set so that the system knows what to charge for shipping when an order comes through.

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Are you sure this is how this works? 

When I add new shipping rates with a weight condition like so it doesn't work.Screen Shot 2020-06-30 at 7.51.39 PM.png

Is it weight on a per item basis?  It still shows the shipping rate for just the one, no matter how many I buy. 

0 Likes