how to add applepay with stripe

Highlighted
2 0 0

I had add the stripe in my shop, it works fine. I want add apple pay to my shop also. I visited document in the stripe website. it's said  I must upload a verification file to the server of my domain, I cunfused it. what should I do, thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
698 24 235

Hey, Jiang!

Aria here, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

In most cases, you'll find out Apple Pay is already set up. To check, go to Settings > Payment Providers in your admin. Click Edit next to Stripe. You should then see information that looks like this:

If you can see the tick in the box next to the Apple Pay logo, you will know it is activated.

Keep in mind, Apple Pay will only show up on Safari and Apple devices. If your customer is using an Android device or Chrome (for example), they won't see the option to pay that way. You can find more information in this guide.

Please let me know if you are still having problems and I will reach out to you by email.

Aria
Social Care Guru
Shopify

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

oh, I found the checked box in the Payment Providers Page, thank you. I tested applepay in my ipad,maybe I should find another iphone device for test applepay.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
698 24 235

Hey, Jiang!

Aria again!

I'm glad you figured it out. If you use Safari on your iPad, you should find it works. ?

Aria
Social Care Guru
Shopify

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
64 1 3

Hello @Aria I have the same problem with apple pay and stripe, I have already apple pay option tick but when I try to complete a payment using apple pay i got the error message like: payment with apple pay not completed, the website is not able to complete the transaction, try again

Can you help me to solve this?

thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
698 24 235

Hey, @B_R-25!

We can certainly look into that for you but first, we'd need to authenticate you so we can have a look at the transactions in question. Can you please contact us at Shopify Support so we can help you out. 

Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
64 1 3

hello @Aria,

I already contact the support. I tried today and seems apple pay now is finally working but really don't know hwat was the problem.

thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Aria, 

Thanks, I am having the same issue.

But Stripe requires an additional step to verify the domain. How do we upload the verification file so that it sits to an URL like this one: https://example.com/.well-known/apple-developer-merchantid-domain-association

This is from Stripe settings:

Screenshot 2020-09-28 at 02.50.58.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
698 24 235

Hey, @sambure!

You can upload the file in the Files section of your admin (Settings > Files). You will then be given the appropriate URL.

Let me know how you get on with that.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Hey @Aria , 

Thanks, I did that. But the URL is in the https://cdn.shopify.com/  ... format and Stripe.com requires 

0 Likes