how to add one more field in the billing address

2 0 2

I need this feature too now !!!! 

2 0 3

We really need this feature in LATAM in order to process payments the right way. it is a must feature if you really want to compete with VTEX.  I need this in Colombia, some companies when they see this missing feature go with other platforms. 

2 0 3

Tira, any news on this? how can countries with the need of having and ID/TAX number field in the checkout proceed? we really need this basic kind of functionality in the checkout. if you suggest an APP or anything while you add it, it would be great.

Please pass this info to the development team, adding an ID/TAX number field as optional field won't do any harm at all.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Excursionist
38 3 9

+1

Please we need customer VAT number field!

Thank you.

1 0 0

I think Shopify has this feature already.

Go to Settings > Checkout > Order Processing

Tick the checkbox for  "Enable fields for additional information"

charlespeji_0-1598020355944.png

It is also indicated in this guide:

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/checkout-settings/order-processing#enable-country-specific-inform...

I hope this helps.

0 Likes
2 0 3

Thanks for pointing that out.

Where can we find more information on what that does exactly? If i check that, is there somewhere i can configure these newly added fields or view what fields were added at least? Does it add fields automatically based on country and if so, can i view what will be added in each case?

0 Likes
Excursionist
23 0 27

@charlespeji thank you for pointing this out, I guess it's a start, but it seems only available for customers in Brazil? Or at least, when I change it in the settings nothing changes in the check-out, and in the manual you refer to it specifically mentions Brazil as the only place where this works. Thank you nevertheless for your comment.

Very strange not to make this universally available, as we also need it where we are based (Portugal). @Tira any updates for other countries?

Excursionist
38 3 9

Hi @Bram1987 

You got some alternatives! In case you don't need or use the second address field, or even the Company field name.

Ill talk english here, since this is mostly an EN community, but I'm also from Portugal

I wanted customers to have the possibility to insert their Tax ID number (NIF for Portugal) - What I did was change the Company field name to NIF, in "edit languages".

This way, at checkout, customers will see a field with the name NIF.

Don't forget that in email notifications, invoices, receipts, everything that uses in this case the variable 

{{ shipping_address.company }}

will no longer display a Company Name, since customers will see and fill it, in this case, with their NIF.

Since I replaced the Company field name, 
the only way, that customers can put their their company name is using the fields First Name and Last Name.

0 Likes
Excursionist
23 0 27

Thanks @King-Kang that's a useful advice, it's just that we shouldn't have to be using these workarounds and creative solutions, as you said, if someone actually wants a company invoice with first and last name as well as the company name and NIF it risks becoming a mess. It's not that it won't work at all, it just doesn't look professional. 

In the meantime though we'll probably implement your solution, so thanks a lot for suggesting that! Obrigado!

Excursionist
10 0 6

Hello @King-Kang

I´m also from Portugal and having the same issue. Repurposing the company name field seems to be a useful turnaround.  How did you then solve the notifications problems? Do costumers find strange that the NIF appears as address in the notification? 

We should all email shopify support requesting this feature asap

Sincerely,

FC

0 Likes