idestroyedtheyouth is a scam

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 3

I placed an order through the website idestroyedtheyouth.com on the 31st of October 2019. Since then I have made 10+ attempts at contacting the store directly through the contact tab on the website, the contact email listed on the website and also the instagram account with no replies whatsoever. I have tried to contact Shopify although they can't do much. Do NOT order from this site as it is VERY unlikely that you will receive an order let alone any amount of customer service.

1 Like
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3073 231 502

Hi @quintenbro,

Nick here from Shopify. 

Sorry to hear about your order. You've made the right steps to try and contact the store directly. 

If you believe a store is operating in violation of our Acceptable Use Policy (AUP), please fill out an AUP report here. We investigate material reported to us and take action if it violates the AUP. You can see this and more information in the Shopify FAQ Online for online orders here

Kind Regards, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 3

This has been done but unfortunately shopify does nothing and refuses to give updates.

1 Like
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3073 231 502

Hi @quintenbro,

With scenarios such as this, Shopify is not able to offer any updates or even confirm the store is using Shopify for Privacy and security reasons. Shopify takes potentially fraudulent stores very seriously and if you have filled out the form, then it is in the hands of the right team for the next steps. 

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 3

Yes I've heard this too many times and it is ridiculous. It is quite obvious from emails with shopify.com as the subsender that they are powered by spotify but unfortunately the store is still up and I am sure that people are still being ripped off by this scumbag. He doesn't even send proper tracking through shopify subsent emails.

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 1
Unfortunately I didn't look them up before I purchased but am experiencing the exact same thing. I and 4 friends purchased from Idestroyedtheyouth because they had an advertisement claiming everything was free , you only pay shipping , none of us have received any tracking numbers, I sent emails , contacting them through Instagram, still nothing. This is a scam . This is how he makes money without ever selling people anything
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0
He did it to me too!!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0
We’ve come in to contact with 10+ other people who have bought from IDestroyedTheYouth and have not received anything. For one person, they sent the shipment number in February and it says it’s been shipped, but when he asked where the order was he blocked him. I got curious to then DM him asking what all the commotion was for and he called me a ugly bitch and then blocked me. There is absolutely no customer service and a 99% chance that you won’t receive your order. Shopify said if you call your bank and tell them that the store has not sent you your package, you have not received any shipment notifications within the 30 days or even 30 days after that- and the government will get involved and do a whole investigation. Tell people you know who have bought off of them to call their banks to report a business and the order that they made.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0
Call your bank and report his business!! They will do an investigation on his business!!! Tell your friends too!! We’re starting a instagram account @**bleep**iDestroyedTheYouth to get people’s money back and to warn people that he is scamming people. Because Shopify is a third part app they can’t do anything which **bleep** sucks because at this point they’re giving him a platform to scam people
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0
It’s called a chargeback!!! Anybody who has ordered from him call your bank and say you want to do a charge back. The bank agrees with the buyers 99% of the time!!!
0 Likes