is paypal enough?

4 0 0

is paypal will be enough to accept payments via paypal and credit cards?

also is it ok to transfer the money from paypal to personal US account or do i need merchant account

0 Likes
4 0 0

any help will be appreciated guys

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
30 0 4

Hey there! 

My name is Ayfa, I’m one of Shopify’s Gurus and I’m here to help! :)

PayPal is a great option for a gateway and would be enough for you to accept payments from PayPal accounts or debit/credit cards.
You can use PayPal in tandem with a payment gateway also. 

The main difference is that if you use PayPal to accept credit/debit cards, then the customer will be brought away from the checkout to log into PayPal and enter their details. If you were to use a payment gateway that allows you take accept credit/debit cards, the customer can enter their details directly through the Shopify checkout without being directed away to another tab.

You would need a PayPal business account in order to take payments from customers. (https://screenshot.click/29-20-q83ap-eco7x.jpg). You can read more about PayPal here and how to set it up here

Once the funds are in your PayPal you should be free to transfer them to where ever you like! There is a guide here.

Let me know if you have any more questions, happy to help!

Have a great day :)

Ayfa

Shopify Guru | Support@shopify.com

1 Like
4 0 0

Thanks a lot Ayfa.

0 Likes
Tourist
17 0 1

Hi!

Have you thought about using a merchant serivce provider? It is usually a lot cheaper than using paypal. 

They set you up with a bank and online terminal service--the nice thing is it does not navigate to another website for check out, and you will get a lower rate. 

Incom Direct, the company I work for, can also get you approved for credit card transactions on Shopify. We've worked with many other Shopify accounts and have had no issue. We offer 24/7 tech support and do not have 1-800 numbers--you call and get to talk to a human. 

Our rates are extremely competitive. Send me an email at AgentSupport@Incom-Direct.com, my name is Margaret. 

I'd be delighted to help you and take the burden and hassle of credit card processing off your shoulder. 

0 Likes
Explorer
258 0 21

Ayfa's reply isn't quite correct. If you use Paypal express then you will leave Shopify when using a credit/debit card but if you use PayPal Pro the experience is identical to using Shopify payments and the customer stays in the checkout.

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

We added paypal account but it do not capturing payment? please solve my problem.

0 Likes