issue with checkout shipping address different than billing

Highlighted
1 0 0

I have had several customers with issues when ordering our product.  They cannot proceed to complete order when they input a billing address that is different than the shipping address.  This is about to cause major problems since many folks do plan to send our product as gifts.  please help

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
223 43 79

Hi @bkshoney,

Dani here from Shopify. Thanks for writing in!

Are your customers receiving an error message when they try to complete checkout with different shipping and billing addresses? If they are, can you please share a screenshot of the error they've received here? Also, have you been able to replicate the issue? We may need to take a closer look at your particular account to see what may be going on here.

You're absolutely right that customers should be able to do this both for gifts as you've mentioned, but also for other instances. For example, customers that have recently moved and haven't updated their billing information yet or various other reasons.

You may consider turning off the default shipping options in your Checkout settings shown here. This may make it easier for your customers that are shipping to an alternate address to complete checkout.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Looking forward to getting to the bottom of this with you.

All the best,

Dani

Dani | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes