limited payment method

Solved
2 0 0

hello,

I just created a store to do dropshipping. My concern is that I am in Oceania and the means of payment are limited to paypal and paybox (local).

But I would like to sell in other countries than mine. I tried 2checkout, but they do not work with Oceania, ditto for direct paybox.
Is there another alternative or am I condemned to sell locally?
thank you in advance

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2117 128 271

Hi @bibi12,

Nick here from Shopify. 

Can I ask which country you are specifically in within Oceania? Each country within each continent has different gateways that Shopify is partnered with. You can see all the countries within Oceania where Shopify has partnered payment gateways you can work with from the link here

You also mentioned about wanting to sell internationally and once a gateway is set up you are ok to sell worldwide should you wish, that would be up to you for the most part. 

Hope this helps and don't hesitate to ask if you have any other questions. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
2 0 0

Thank you Nick,
I am in new caledonia and I had already browsed the link that you propose.
In "OCEANIA" there is no country to click.
I installed paypal but what I wanted was to have a little more payment method to avoid dropouts due to a limitation of choice of settlement.
For now, I only have Paypal as a method of payment.
Limited I will say, no?
I do not lose hope and will start like this while waiting for an alternative. :)

0 Likes

Success.

Community Manager
Community Manager
2117 128 271

No problem at all @bibi12.

You can see all the payment gateways Shopify is partnered with in New Caledonia from here. As well as from the screenshot below: 

19-07-n39cg-qrpip

There are a few more options you can see such as:

to complement your PayPal gateway. 

Hopefully, this helps and gives you some direction for the next steps. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Nick,

how we can add new payment extension to Shopify? we are in Jordan and we are a new payment method, Called PointCheckout , we are PCI certified, we have alot of merchants that want us as a payment method on their website that is using shopify , can you please help us 

www.pointcheckout.com

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2117 128 271

Hi @Mhaddadin,

Great question. To add a new payment gateway to Shopify you have to apply and be granted access first. To do this you need to complete the Shopify Hosted Payment SDK form. If approved you will hear back from the team within 30 days, if you don't hear back from them within 30 days then your integration request was not approved. 

You can find out more about this from the information guide here

0 Likes
2 0 0

so we did apply but we did not hear back, we would like to know what is required from us to be approved, 

So PointCheckout is a PCI Certified Payment Method, we are expanding on the Middleeast and we have a list of merchants who are requesting us as a payment method on their Shopify websites

Can we know what is the required standards?   to become a payment method on Shopify 

0 Likes