managing back orders

2 0 0

Hi there, 

Have you found an invoicing app for Shopify that does create an invoice for the bulk of the order being sent & a linked 'future' invoice for the backorder that's being awaited?

Like you I can't believe that this hasn't been resolved by now and that Shopify don't include an invoicing system anyway in the first place! 

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 1
Hi there,

No, I still haven't found anything where we can take care of back orders. I am also frustrated with this, as it is an essential part of our business operation. Can't believe an app hasn't been created.

If you should come across something, please let me know and I will do the same with you.

Best,

Mike

0 Likes
2 0 0
It is so frustrating- despite its name Shopify isn’t doing a great job to replicate the needs of an online shop & it’s stock flow needs. Backorders will occur, especially if sales are going well - it’s the nature of the business
If We find an app or a solution, we will let you know Mike
Cheers
Ivy

0 Likes
Tourist
9 0 0

Hi everyone, 

We are adding the backorder management as a new feature in our app, I believe it will make everyone's life easier!

I'm looking for users who can provide me more insights about their requirements. 

In case you want to help us with your comments, I will be happy to offer you a month of free usage once app is updated.

Please comment here or private message me for further information. 

Cheers!

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 1
Hello.

This is GREAT news.

Our needs are not real complicated, we just need (in an ideal situation) an ability to:
1. Edit the original order to show Current shipped units and Back Order units for each item.
2. When stock is available, ability to create a new Packing List showing what is going to ship along with a unique new sub-order number so it can be recognized in ShipStation or on its own. (ie. original Order #1234-1, and back order is Order#1234-2)
3. Need a place to run a report of all items on Back Order, which show total BO quantity and Supplier of that item.

Thanks!
Mike

Tourist
9 0 0

Hi Mike,

Got it! Thank you for the straight forward explanation.

I have some specific questions about the Packing Slip, I'm sending you a private message now.

------------------------

Anyone who is in need of a back order management app, please share your use cases and requirements so we can analyse and include your requirements in our solution.

0 Likes
1 0 1

@bahadir_e here are some use cases you asked for.

Backorder management:

Unfulfilled backorder items need to be identified so that we can order more from our suppliers (notifications/triggers is key).

Backorders require special accounting. The sale needs to be recorded on the books as a backorder rather than a completed sale. If the end customer decides to cancel the order, this doesn't affect our bottom line, and we won't have to reconcile our accounting records. Once the supply is available, we need to follow through with the delivery. The sale can then be recorded and checked off as complete.

Companies need to inform end customers that the product they've ordered is on backorder when the order is placed, and when delivery is expected. Companies should keep in contact with customers when there is a problem with fulfilling their backorders as promised to ensure orders aren't canceled.

Backorder analysis:

The number of items on backorder and how long it takes to fulfill these customer orders can provide insight into how well the company manages its inventory. A manageable backorder with a short turnaround is a net positive, but a large backorder with longer wait times can be problematic.

Keeping a large supply of stock requires storage space, which, in turn, requires money. By keeping a small amount of stock in supply and the rest on backorder alleviates the need for excess/extra storage, and therefore, reduces costs.