managing back orders

Highlighted
3 0 0

looking for a way to identify any back order items (unfullfilled) so we can issue purchase orders to vendors

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
660 0 121

There is nothing built in Shopify. You have to manually go through each unfulfilled order to view items.

You can try BetterReports and check the report called 'Inventory', which shows the 'Quantity pending fulfillment' for each variant...

ps: I'm the developer of this app...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
660 0 121

ooops that's the image I wanted to attach...

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Thanks Clement

will the inventory report tie back to an order number and can it include the vendor?  cant believe that shopify hasnt solved this problem

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
660 0 121

It can include the vendor but not the order number because it shows the total qty pending fulfillment across all orders.

However, it is certainly possible to build another report that would show all line items pending fulfillment per order...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
660 0 121

Hi Paul,

I wanted to let you know Better Reports now includes a couple of reports specifically designed for that purpose.

The "Items pending fulfillment" report shows the order number as well as the vendor.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
78 0 3

Hi Paul,

Data Export can create line item (product) level fulfillment and unfilled reports.

This report can be used to create the purchase orders.

This report is a simple one and it will cost a few dollars.

Let me know if you have any questions. You can reach me at john@dayspringlabs.com

Thanks!

Data Export is rated by Shopify Sellers as the best and cost-effective reporting application on Shopify.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 2

Hi Paul, did you find a solution for the back order management. We try to solve the same trouble. I can not believe Shopify does not solve this by default.

We are looking for an app to be able to work with incomplete orders I mean if we are selling not in-stock pieces (back-orders), I need to recognize what items are missing in each order in the default Shopify+ admin. Our workflow in brief.
A customer orders for example leggings + sports bra. The sports bra is in stock, but leggings are not and we have to produce the leggings first, so the order has to wait until it is complete and ready to be shipped to the customer. We need to see all the incomplete orders and the missing items (product variants) in the order administration.
I need to recognize orders with missing items easily. After restocking, we need to fulfill orders from the one waiting for the longest time using, for example, auto-tagging and filtering in the administration.
We would also use it because it would make it easier to create an order sheet with the missing items for our manufacture.

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

If either of you or anyone finds a good solution to back orders ... PLEASE let me know. We used an other priced order processing system tied to Shopify previously but dumped it because their major upgrade was a mess, and cost us a ton more.

Any solutions to help would be appreciated!!!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
78 0 5

Hello @Paul_Lippincott,

Report Pundit has pre-created Inventory reports like Inventory on Hand, Inventory Sales Value Report, Inventory Cost Report, Out of Stock Product, Inventory by Location and Low Stock Product etc.

With these reports, you get to know the current stock in hand, the value of inventory cost of the inventory. The reports can be scheduled to the email ids. 

Our live support team will help you create the reports. Contact us at support@reportpundit.com for help in creating reports.

Thanks

Report Pundit - Instant reports and custom dashboards
0 Likes