my shopify payments account is on hold

Highlighted
1 0 0

I recently received an email saying 

Specifically, your Shopify Payments account has been identified for selling Counterfeit or unauthorized goods.

Please note that while you will no longer be permitted to use Shopify Payments as your payment gateway, this does not affect your use of Shopify, which you can continue to use. Rest assured your remaining payouts, for orders processed, will be sent per the normal payout schedule to the bank account on file.

While we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, you will need to select a new payment gateway in order to continue selling on Shopify. We understand that changing your payment gateway can be a major adjustment, and we are here to guide you through this process as best as we can. There are many options to consider, however we recommend:

I went through this process and selected the recommended merchant but shopify still has a hold on my account and this is FRUSTRATING ! what else should i do to take my account off hold? its near to impossible to even get in contact with anybody from shopify.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1642 99 357

Hi, @gabriella1

I know that this process is frustrating so I'm hoping my response will help clear up any confusion and provide the next steps you can take to continue selling. Based on the information you have provided, the hold can not be removed as Shopify Payments has been fully disabled for your store. Any payouts owed to you will be paid out; however, your store can not accept new orders through Shopify Payments. You can view all pending payouts by adding "/admin/payments/payouts" to the end of your store URL (i.e. domain.myshopify.com/admin/payments/payouts). 

What you will want to do next is disable Shopify Payments (if you haven't done so already) by going to Settings/Payment Providers. From here, you can select "Manage" then "deactivate" to remove Shopify Payments from your store. Once done, you will need to enable another payment provider. Typically, our Risk team would recommend one or two payment providers that would be a better fit for your business; however, if not, you can view a full list of payment providers by selecting your country here

If you have any questions, let me know! I can help answer most questions; however, depending on the question, I may need to direct you to the email you received from our Risk team as they'll have the proper training and access to better assist you. 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like